• Start date
masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players are often angry and insult each other because of the loss is immediately evident what their education and what they are people I just ignore such players.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot to mention - Doyle Brunson speaks of this kind of behavior in his original Super System book - was one of the first poker literatures ive ever read - and its true online as it is in person. He spoke of in the game of no limit holdem, emotions can run very high and get the best of a man. You take a big pot off of someone or just multiple pots - a mans emotions can get the best of him and thats when he shows his true colors - thats when you get the most money out of him when his judgment is worst. Its very true, ive lost money on tilt before. Nowadays i myself am much better about handling beats but i still have quite a ways to go.

Playing $1/$2 live i watched an older gentlemen (id say 50 or 55) playing very solid, tight and almost between both passive and aggressive - anyhow, got into a hand with KK and two opponents called his large preflop raise of $18. The board runs out, he bets every single street, gets raised on the river and a guy with 85 off suit made 2 pair and got paid. The older gentleman was furious, it was another suckout and he began to beliddle his opponent and cuss the guy at the table - the guy could not speak very good English and had clearly been gambling all night so he just laughed about the whole thing and this just made the older gentleman angrier. I remember him saying "yeah, go on laugh you dumb ...., keep thinking this.... is funny. I dont gamble, i came here to take money from stupid ...... like you" and while the rant is taking place i juat cant help but think how far out of line this guy was, it was my first time witnessing a bad temper / blowup at the table and again the guy just laughed it off and once the rant and insults were over the guy said "you dont like my laugh?" And our angry villab again swears at the guy and says "you just think its a ..... joke and its not. I came here to take your .... money because youre not smart enough to play it right" and immediately the guy says "it is funny, know why? Cuz you not take my money, i take yours and now you not get it back hahahah" - the angry guy gets up and walks off for about 20 minutes, he came back - still angry - and stacked off his remaining $90+ to me when i had AQ to his A9.

So anyhow, emotions that are out of check can really cost you - this guy was borderline from having the floor called and being tossed out of the place.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to the internet age