The emotional state before playing a game of poker influences the outcome of the game

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is something that is very visible at the moment of playing, when you are losing but it is not that you are bad or that bad luck is playing a trick on you, it is that the whole emotional state in which a player is and the limited time to make a decision makes them lose patience, a calm state will allow a better concentration.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing is to turn off the nervous system during the game! But this is out of the realm of fantasy))))) Nerves are the main enemy of a poker player.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True, my comrade! I agree with you and add that the emotional state influences a lot both in the game of poker and in any other activities that are carried out and that involve the intellect.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it definitely influences

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never had visible results when I was nervous at the beginning of the game so I can say for sure that it is best to play when you have a calm mood ...

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotions

I personally don't think that the perso al emotional statue of oneself can effect the playing, it's more about the cards and how you usually play. I mean your skills...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never start playing if I feel negative emotions. I only play poker when I'm in a good mood. My good mood allows me to always enjoy the game, no matter the results.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that your emotional state has a big influence in your poker game. I only play real money games when I'm feeling good and not stressed, because I already had bad experiences of tilting because I was too nervous and with no patience to play. When I feel tired or stressed I try to not play or play freerolls only.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is something that is very visible at the moment of playing, when you are losing but it is not that you are bad or that bad luck is playing a trick on you, it is that the whole emotional state in which a player is and the limited time to make a decision makes them lose patience, a calm state will allow a better concentration.

This is why poker (practiced well) can help with one's philosophy of life. The practice of playing poker, can be practice at life...see?

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I think a good mood plays a very big role when playing poker! When you are in a good mood, you always think well and are more focused, and if you are bad, you start making a lot of mistakes, which greatly affects the game! I think that the lack of good mood negatively affects not only when playing poker, but also in other areas where you need to think! I would advise you not to sit down to play if you are not in the mood, as you will tilt a lot! I wish everyone good luck at the tables and not only behind them!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well variance will definitely have its influence no doubt . you can not take it out

when it comes to the emotional thing you are talking about : there are many variables like how you feel , if you are tired , if you are maybe even scared to play and dont know how to handle the adrenaline , etc.

it is a bit like a butterfly effect . when you have poor mental condition at the moment then you will less likely win because your emotions and mental but also physical condition will influence your actions . which will develop to something different compared to a scenario where your mental state and condition would be different / better

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If emotions are affecting gameplay during a losing streak, then take a rest break. Hard part is catching yourself, and pushing yourself off the table to take a break. Do something you enjoy ie. walk outside, smoke, drink, eat, relax, and breathe.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sure I can agree with that. If you're nervous, you'll likely play worse, than if you were calm, cool and collected.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly. I developed this controller as I improved my game. I realized that I was irritated by things beyond my control.
I improved a lot after I worked on this issue.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it influences too much ,,, for a session we should be totally well rested, calm, relaxed, positive and try not to get into trouble the first hands we play ,,,,, there is too much variance in the games that if we are not concentrated we will have to live very bad moments ,,, that we never lose the button of the fol ,, try not to pay to lose, which is what has been happening to me lately in my game, and tried to establish all the above explained ,, There are days, weeks or even months of bad streak, it accompanies us and it is useless to be in optimal conditions, we do not link anything, we have to put everything aside and go to continue resting ,,, another day will be ,,,,

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker requires maximum concentration from the player. Only patient and disciplined players who control their emotions have good prospects. If I have a hard time concentrating, I just stop playing.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
My emotional state before the game does not affect the game. During the game, I completely disconnect from the events that happened before. Of course, it's more interesting to start playing with a good mood. But it so happens that registration for a tournament is made several days or hours before the start of the tournament. ..do not cancel the registration because someone or something negatively influenced your mood. I will play regardless of my mood before the game .

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
obviously yes.

obviously yes, playing distracted leaves everything to chance.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

yes inflye !!! To play you have to be relaxed rested without other worries and with the necessary time for poker, if you are not focused you will not do very well ...

Top 10 Games