Emotional Factors

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotional state in poker and confidence in the game are of great importance on the way to victory or defeat. First of all, need to work on yourself.

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me I can still be overhelmed by emotions, and they can take over control of me, e.g. having solid flush beaten by full-house or smth simillar. Sometimes it can't let u think clearly and soberly, in most of the cases you get into a tilt and start shoving every hand (it works this way in my case). What r ur recommendations to newbie? Thx!:)

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If emotions are important to you then "YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY FOR MONEY!"

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negative influence in your thinking does tend to flatten out as your experience shows you how painful the game can be at times and and how sweet.

T

TheBull953

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt is real. When you lose a big hand (it win a big one) go for a walk. As time goes on and your strategy is very intentional this will affect people less, but early on it's a huge factor.

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions positive and negative play a huge role in poker, where equally bad. upset you progresam or intoxicated by the success it distracts you from the game and therefore interfere.

Drewha

Drewha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order not to experience negative during the game, I made one rule for myself. I do not expect anything good or bad from the game. I'm just playing my best game, as I can. If I experience the joy of winning, then I say to myself: "Do not rejoice. This is stupid." If I feel anger, then I stop and analyze the reasons for its appearance. I try not to let emotion into the game, so that emotional reflexes do not form. And I do not sit down to play in a bad mood.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The emotional factor is very important and transcendent, if you are emotionally wrong or think about playing

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many people use meditation but it does not help me and I have to win on nuts and experience :)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my biggest problem right now. I can play really well, going on top positions time after time, but somehow my patience can easily gone elsewhere and i can in a few hands lost all my chips in a big tournament for example. You need to control yourself, otherwise, you can,t win in poker.

SSTREMPL

SSTREMPL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to learn English to support this conversation (

SSTREMPL

SSTREMPL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my biggest problem right now. I can play really well, going on top positions time after time, but somehow my patience can easily gone elsewhere and i can in a few hands lost all my chips in a big tournament for example. You need to control yourself, otherwise, you can,t win in poker.
I know this feeling bro

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question number 1
You need to learn how to control your emotions. Emotions as we know are positive and negative, there are two sides to the coin ... Faith is a positive factor, I believe that this factor is very important for achieving high results. Such factor as doubt in success ... has a negative effect , and if it has a negative effect, then the consequences will be negative.

Question number 2
Games really affect our mood, if we take specifically "Poker", then after a drift (a big win for you) you will be filled with positive emotions (for example: Joy), and after a wave of losses (Downstreak) everything will happen differently (for example: Sadness) .

Question number 3
Not all have peace of mind - because it's very difficult to master the calm, especially after the big losses ... but luckily there are people of exclusion who are calm about losing (even big). If you lose, I advise you not to fight this loss, but accept it, since there are no defeats without defeats (it needs to be understood), if you lose a lot during a long time ... accept this, and try to stay calm (try to understand why it all happened, and not panic) ... Peace of mind You can only master strong people, and I hope that you will be one of them.

Question number 4
I agree with you, you need experience in order to have negative thoughts as little as possible ... It is with experience that a person becomes more confident in himself, when he has something behind him (some way) it becomes easier for him to look forward , thereby avoiding the negative.