Dusty Schmidts New Book "Dont Listen To Phil Hellmuth"

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummmm.......yeah. He was obv poking fun at his own "fitness" level in the vid. I just agreed with him.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And, FWIW I'm sure Dusty could STILL take me on the links. I play to about a 6 handicap and from what I understand he is considerably better than that.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, before his heart attack he was one of the best amatuers in California as a I understand it. Also, I read that in high school he broke a few records previously held by some kid named Eldrick Woods. So yeah he was/is a fine golfer.

The video is hilarious. I really appreciate it when someone is willing to poke fun at themselves.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love that vid Dusty. When are you hosting Saturday nite live.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone! Glad you liked it!

As for my looks/weight, I was a beanpole when I was playing pro/amateur golf which was also pre heart attack when my metabolism was a lot better. The meds I take now make it harder for me than most people to stay in shape.. I got back in pretty good shape in summer 09 as I was back into golf, but let it slip again when I had my baby girl and didn't get good sleep etc.

Maybe at some point I can make another video when I am back in shape, but for now I think I look pretty perfect for this video which is a lot funnier with an out of shape guy in it haha. At least gaining weight has at least one perk!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect and admire Dustys game very much. I also like Phil, more than most people do and find most of his rants very entertaining and he still is a very good player, even though there are countless of better people in todays game.

Not so sure on the title of the book though! Having said that, I'm sure there are many facts for todays game as opposed to phils approach on the game and most likely Dusty's views are the correct ones. I just think it's slightly disrespecful because of what Phil has achieved. Besides which, Dusty is a more cash game player where as Phil is a tournament player so I'm not sure if the same applies to "Dont listen to Phi, 50 worse mistakesl" as we are all aware of how different Cash and tournament games are.

Dusty is more of a todays man game, where Phil is still stuck 15/20 years ago playing the same game yet he has failed to realise how the game has evolved and waiting for picture cards all day just doesn't work anymore.

I'm sure I will buy the book though so I hope it's as good as it looks and as someone who is successful in todays cash games, will sure help many others including myself improve their game.

Good job Dusty.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got my copy today in the mail! Took all I've got not to stop everything and start reading, but I resisted because I have a lot of IRL stuff on my plate now. From thumbing through though, the book looks to be as promised and more.