Dusty Schmidts New Book "Dont Listen To Phil Hellmuth"

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently he thinks no one should question the Michael Jordan of poker: http://www.gambling911.com/poker/ga...l-hellmuth-blasts-book-blasts-him-121010.html
LOL at both the writer and the comments on that story. Bunch of star-struck Phil lovers that don't seem to understand much about poker themselves.

Guess I'll be placing my order soon, but dang I've got like 5 poker books queued up that I haven't read yet, having put them off to read Dusty's and Paul's previous books! You guys are too prolific...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL at both the writer and the comments on that story. Bunch of star-struck Phil lovers that don't seem to understand much about poker themselves.

Gambling911 is a joke of a website anyway. Believe about 33% of what they report.

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Guess I'll be placing my order soon, but dang I've got like 5 poker books queued up that I haven't read yet, having put them off to read Dusty's and Paul's previous books! You guys are too prolific...

Haha...just wait til next year!

Gambling911 is a joke of a website anyway. Believe about 33% of what they report.

It's hysterical that they squeezed an entire article out of a single sentence he posted on his facebook page.

Pyrodc

Pyrodc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The book is actually gonna be my Xmas pressie to myself!

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree mate

But, I have not read the book so I don't really have enough information to say for sure. I it would appear that Dusty is using the Phil Hellmuth's name to make greater sales.

I like them both, but it is so very obvious that Phil has accomplished much more "poker achievements" and "poker money earnings" than Dusty has at this point.

However, having said that, I don't really qualify to be critical of either or any poker pro.

My best, Wally :)

I know Phil's an easy target... Still not crazy about the name of book though. I think Phil's done enough to earn a little more respect than this.

At least "Kill Phil" didnt mention last name?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With respect to Phil's, well, respect... :)

Not to start another lengthy Phil thread since we've had at least a few, but I'll just say that while he certainly demanded respect for his game in it's day, he's really gone out of his way to try and lose that respect in the decade since his heyday. His skills have in no way kept up with the evolution of poker today.

I haven't gotten the new book yet, but I can only image some of the "tips" they point out. If you've never watched a Hellmuth DVD or some of his strategy clips on YouTube, please do so. There are some real gems -- be careful that you don't let Coke squirt out of your nose, though. :) I have a feeling this book is intended to set the record straight on some of those.

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Wanted his picture on the front cover:D :D :D
Phillll

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This^. Read the subtitle of the book. :) It's not just Phil, but "...a host of other 'world champs', TV commentators and other self-proclaimed experts" as well.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a waste of time..but I posted in the comments section of that article defending Dusty's credentials. Most of the mouth breathers who posted there didn't seem to even know who Dusty is.

I have great respect for Phil's contribution to the game and the title does bother me a bit but Dusty is more than qualified to teach modern poker and the book looks wonderful.

R

ruzzy1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive watched dusty play alot and i think when he plays tourneys, he plays kinda like hellmuth ,just as tight and predictable .

S

SnakeBoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Iread it last night. ordered it in morning and read straight through. totally changed my game. I do about half the 50 msiconceptions lol, so yes, it's a game cahnger! the book is not only about hellmuth -- it's about looking at the way things used to be done and questioning them now in the modern game. dusty looks at the game in such a smart way. only thing I wonder is why he keeps giing advice away lol!

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am reading the book now and will be writing a review for PND in the next week or two. It's a decent read so far, so stay tuned.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might of already been asked... but will this book be available through pokerstars anytime soon?

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can Phil sue for the use of his name and likeness on the cover? If there is ANY fame in it, Phil will do so....imho

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Lark. If you get bored, send me a PM to let me know how bad I spelled it! ;)

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at Dusty nearly being a pro golfer. Who was he trying to be, the next Craig Stadler?:eek: Obv made the right career choice.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at Dusty nearly being a pro golfer. Who was he trying to be, the next Craig Stadler?:eek: Obv made the right career choice.

No reason for this for probably the most famous CC member. Funny video though