Drugs and Poker

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen a lot of drunks play amazing poker and win tournaments on TV. I have also seen the complete opposite lol

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ooooh,its very funny,I ve seen that already)

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of people in this thread, any of you feel like taking part in a 'scientific experiment'? :angel:

Seriously though, some of you always/never smoke/drink when you play so you should already have a decent sample size control to compare to if you can make it through a decent number of hands drunk, high, or sober (whichever you are least comfortable with apparently :p)

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused: Im so confused.
Not too much about the coke or weed while playing but masturbating while playing :eek:
This might explain why players time out so often.
;) Make sure you lubricate to avoid bad beats!

charliboulders

charliboulders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink or smoke when I play but I do take Adderal

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when you are drugs or even drining it alters the way you play... Maybe you care less and pick off more bluffs, or you donk it off quicker. Works both ways.. I like drinking live because it throws off other's reads on me... I have played high before, and felt no different... Either way it is a crapshoot...

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drugs lead to bad decisions in poker (generally in most real life things) so better dont play poker while you are high

P

pandagirl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Prove my religion is no true and ile give you 500.00!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless for medical purposes I cannot see the need for drugs for any reason. Maybe I am old school and old but I have got through my life very well without even thinking about using.
but your avatar is a drug;)

poker and drugs, what else is there really?:rolleyes:

R

Robadob925

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woah woah woah! lol what a post, I think everyone should just get wasted as F*** when they play

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay high on prescription medical weed literally from the second I wake up until the second I put my head down on the pillow. I've gone through a lot of variance and eventually found my comfort zone for playing while high. If I happen to not be high, I find that I compete better in some games (in my case, MTT's) than others, (again, my case I'm terrible at SNG's not high). Not saying I'm any good, or that my particular strategy works any better or worse; I'm just saying I've gambled within my means to establish my own learning curve, and essentially figured out how to curb my variance to some degree due to the effect of marijuana on my game. Whether I prefer to be high or not while playing depends on not only the game, but how many tables, the stakes, etc. I would rather play micro stakes high, but a $100NL cash game (still online) while shooting some bourbon; the way the game was patriotically intended. Live, though, I have to say that maybe Adderal is the best help I can have to pay as much attention to detail as possible. ... High and on uppers, it's like I can actually see the HUD in real life. Add bourbon, I'm the hardest person at the table to read. (Takes shot, clicks "Check/Call Any")...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
^ looks like someone is already high

Whatever you say. Hey... if you think weed can clear your mind, fly at 'er. Sounds pretty f'n ridiculous to me though.
Maybe we'll see you on Border-rico..... clearing your mind through customs.

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever you say. Hey... if you think weed can clear your mind, fly at 'er. Sounds pretty f'n ridiculous to me though.
Maybe we'll see you on Border-rico..... clearing your mind through customs.

^ Whatever

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Its like driving. A moderate dose of alcohol will do no harm.

Tell that to the parents of kids that were killed by people who only took a moderate dose of alcohol and drove a lethal weapon.

It's amazing how thick some people are.

:confused: Im so confused.
Not too much about the coke or weed while playing but masturbating while playing :eek:
This might explain why players time out so often.
;) Make sure you lubricate to avoid bad beats!

So that's what I'm doing wrong, I'm not lubricating.

^ Whatever

You may say whatever, but deep down you must know he is right.

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell that to the parents of kids that were killed by people who only took a moderate dose of alcohol and drove a lethal weapon.

It's amazing how thick some people are.

So that's what I'm doing wrong, I'm not lubricating.

You may say whatever, but deep down you must know he is right.

It just sounded racist. And its not what the thread was supposed to be about.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Poker Orifice is far from a racist, his reply is true, weed will not give you a clear mind and thinking that it will clear your mind is ridiculous. I have smoked a hell of a lot of weed in the past, and not once when stoned did I think I was thinking clearer or had a clear mind.

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Orifice is far from a racist, his reply is true, weed will not give you a clear mind and thinking that it will clear your mind is ridiculous. I have smoked a hell of a lot of weed in the past, and not once when stoned did I think I was thinking clearer or had a clear mind.

I can see how weed can clear you mind, especially after a bad beat.

It can make you feel happy and laugh it off. So yes, I can see how weed can clear you mind.

---

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have smoked everday of my life playing cards.. That being said, its hard to determain whether sober play would be better or not. I know that when i drink, which is almost everday aswell, i feel smarter. For sure gives me an extra set of cohones but not sure if thats good or not. So my answer is.. It depends on your brain. I think i function just fine from years of experience:)

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can never know who is drugged or not in the online tables, but it really is not a all advantageous in the physical, mental and event talk about money

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, I would add caffeine in the mix of stimulant drugs that can change the way you play poker. I would also add any anti depressants or any other drugs prescribed or not.