Is the dream still alive?

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, we all thought when we started playing poker .. that everything will work out and become rich and successful .. but here as in life, few really manage to become the owner of a lot of money .. many gold diggers seek happiness in the mines .. only a few succeeded make a fortune ... but there is such a saying .. hope dies last ... and still play poker just like a game is also nice

Last edited:
jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 10% of poker players make money, that's correct.
About 10% of that 10% make a ton of money (so around 1%)

Have you ever taken time to consider why this is the case (assuming your statistics are roughly accurate)?

Do you think poker is so challenging, that only 10% of people understand how to develop a dynamic winning strategy? Or do you think that 90% of people lack the ability to critically think through ANY process, and just try to find the "easy way" through life?

This is a intended to be a thought provoking question. :)

Cheers!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone at first thinks that they can, I think that in the current reality it is impossible. Unless you're an overupped fish. If you play by backing and streaming on a regular basis, perhaps some money can be earned - games have always been popular, and successful players in any video game make a profit if they make a show.

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
don't give up on your dream

good afternoon friend, my opinion is that you cannot let the dream die, you must be insistent even after a bad one never risk your entire bankroll and with effort and safe game you will get there. "never give up on your dreams, when you least expect it you will bust a bankroll"

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success can be achieved in any field if you are ready to make every effort for this. If the answer is yes, then be patient and work hard every day. But do not forget about the rest:)

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the dream is always alive always will the question is do we got what it takes to realize it or are we more lazy and will just daydream and fantasize about it with no action taken...

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is money in poker today. A lot of work, a lot of learning, patience. It is true that the players have approx. 10% earns it - but be one of those 10%. : D

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All beginners hope to make money playing poker, but most probably lose ... Read books about poker, play more and of course a little luck

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is your calling, I won't argue.Not many good players manage to earn money with poker.The game itself lives in each of us.Today you can be on top and tomorrow you will be out of the tournament at an early stage.Everything is decided by your condition and limit.Be smarter and practice more and then your dream will come true for sure!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s good to have a dream. Now you like it, but there may be failures in the game and big losses ahead and you need to be mentally prepared for this. When you understand that you are playing on equal terms with the pros, only then can you make good money by playing.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be very hard, you had to buy all needless programs, work hard on your game, train with coach. This is real, but our days its much harder.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The dream will always be alive, for there will always be gamblers, recreational players, and half-decent players who are unwilling to put in serious study

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey. I think that you need to go to training at some kind of poker school and do it personally with a trainer, if you want to play well and professionally, but if on an amateur level, then read articles, listen to what you are advised to watch video reviews and, of course, practice and you will gradually play better and better

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

Are the gates sealed tight to become a winning player? How long would it take a hard working novice to move up the stakes and build a bankroll. You guys have more experience and I would love some advice. It’s quickly become a dream of mine to have income playing this beautiful game.

Answers:
1)Yes, the gates are quite sealed indeed. It's more than possible to win from time to time but it takes quite some skill to win more often
2) Bankroll building is heavily dependent on how often and how much you withdraw. If little or nothing - it is possible to build a bankroll in a few months. For experienced player I mean. For novice it may or may not take forever.
3) It is MUCH more easy to make it your income if you can afford higher stakes. If you cannot afford em, do not even think of trying play the stakes you can afford.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game who depends on person skills, you just have to be better than your oponnets at all and you will get their money.

I think the dream is still alive of course, but everyone needs to improve a lot to be profitable.

Organize a Home Poker Game