Double or Nothing Challenge

P

pkrook

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a ...

ruff game...but somebody's got to win at it.

good luck at the tables.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I notice about these games is nobody wants to make a move in the beginning. It's great time to pad your chip stack. A little here, a little there. Pretty soon you have a nice size chip stack that can weather higher blinds until you get your hand.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I made my last deposit on pokerstars, if I lose this one I am only playing freerolls. I started the challenge again and have won 4 in a row !!

Rather than posting my entire bankroll on here, I have decided to just put my win / loss record in the $10 Double or Nothing SNG.

Record 4 - 0

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think I should stop posting these things, it only gets me into trouble.

Record 7 - 4

P

Phil922

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! I am very interested to see how you do, and how long it takes you if you can reach your goal of 100 DoN at that $10 buy in

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so the small sample size of twenty games are in. So far not too bad, maintaining the win rate I wanted, ok not wanted but could live with, of 65%.

Playing three at a time, in the Turbos, takes about 30 minutes, so this has taken approximately 3 hours to do, for $14 per hour. Not a bad part time gig. And I still play MTT and cash games too.

Record: 13 - 7

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you......... Keep us updated........... I'll soon challenge myself as well........ Actually I am challenging myself at the moment..... I want to see if i can make a BR from absolutely nothing....... aka the ferguson challeng......... good luck to you again..........

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am running a little better now. After 36 games

25 - 11

A

ArianSilver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HAving won 15$ in a PS freeroll (Million Dollar Men), I had your same idea and started playing $1,10 double or nothing turbo S&Gs. At the moment I have played 4 and got ITM twice. Spent $4,40 and won $4,00.... Uhmmmm.... should do better... :)

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are pretty easy.. players are very tight...i have played about 20 of them , got in the money 14 times... pretty easy way to make money i think... but once players catch up to them it will be harder to win..

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of heads up toruneys, usually just end up large blinds pushing with any ace or pair. not my style of poker

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of heads up toruneys, usually just end up large blinds pushing with any ace or pair. not my style of poker

They are not heads up. They are 10 player sng's. The tourney ends when there are 5 people left, and they get double their buyin,

J

j0na1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double or nothing ? First i thought Heads up, but it seems it's not that you are playing. I can't find any double or nothing tournaments @ full tilt.
What pokerrooom do you play at?

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am really enjoying the double or nothing games. I admit they are boring as bat guano but I have played 16 of them at $5.00 and cashed in 13.

Good for bankroll building. Bad for my brain.

P

Phil922

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to steadily build your banroll, you should think about HU SNGs. I dont know if PS has HU shootouts like FT because those are great. Playing the double or nothing games takes longer than most HU games, you get to play more hands in HU which makes it more fun, and being a good HU player is very important and can be VERY profitable. After your a good HU player, then you can easily move to HU cash games and will be able to make a killing. Just a thought though, personally I love HU

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Challenge is over

Well I played 100, $10 Double or Nothing SNG, and ended with a record of 64-36 for a profit of $240 - It took me almost two months to complete, I could have done it faster if that was all I played but I couldn't just play those, they are too boring. I played the turbos, which take about 30-40 minutes.

The longest losing streak I had was four in a row and the longest winning streak I had was five in a row. I would recommend having 20 buyins for these things, and have a quit point, if you lose say three in a row, stop playing them for the day.

They are pretty easy to multi table but I didnt do more than three at a time but I am not good at multi-tabling. I don't know how some people play 9, 12, 18 tables at once, it would drive me insane.

These games can be beat on a regular basis, just play straight ahead, nothing fancy, not alot of bluffing and you'll easily make it into the money. (2/3 of the time :) )

G

golflove21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im taking this challenege .... playin 20 double or nothings... i will keep you all posted ... playin in my first one now

U

unstoppable4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm taking this challenge as well. Will let you know

U

unstoppable4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts