Does your poker routine help to improve your game?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all about what works for you ... not sure if you in particular were being sarcastic or not but if that works for you great ... I do always see your name up there : ) If true it would still be a little ritual you felt was important , and perhaps it could even have a negative effect if you were used to it and failed to do so one time ... Everyone is different ... I am more traditional, try to chill ... have a food plan try and make sure bases around the house are covered so I won't be disturbed ....

I will usually listen to some calm relaxing music Jazz .. sometimes Blues ... also like to get in a poker mindset with a little study .. nothing heavy mostly fundamental stuff things I already know but want to keep to the forefront and not have to think too hard about.. so I try to beat that into my head ...

If I do not prepare I absolutely am not the same player ... and for me it pays to be focused and stay focused ....... Still the best laid plans and all haha my whole poker weekend was Mehh had to even sit out yesterday in the CC roll due to minor family issues, not sure where I even finished ... for some little distractions can ruin a whole frame of mind, my mind isn't that weak but I do think it is better to prepare .. then if things happen you just have to adjust fire appropriately ..
I was being totally sarcastic. I do absolutely nothing to prepare and usually show up late.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I found to improve my game is if I’m not running good and I’m tilting easy, stay away from the tables and just study. Watch vlogs and stream live action and just make sure I’m refining my game and learning in my down time.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play poker whenever possible, that is, when I have free time. I do not see any need for planning, as poker is just a hobby, an opportunity to have a good time.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So in regards to having a strict poker routine, think of the routine like a poker game. There is a lot of variance in every day life. My motto, go with the flow, roll with the punches, and keep a positive attitude. Something the dude lives by.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont really have a routine i only play when i can put all my thoughts in a game.

Top 10 Games