Does your family support you playing poker?

G

gnashty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moderate or face their wrath lol

Had to compromise 2 tourneys on wknds

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. My family doesn't really play so their $ doesn't support me. Lousy players support me. Lol.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family do not play poker and they are rather skeptic but in general ok with that because they see that i play for fun and do not risk my money needed for normal living. If i was playing all the time and especially if they see that i loose big money i am sure that they will not be ok with that. Unfortunately in many countries poker is considered as pure gambling and the only way to prove them that this is not the case s to play well, smart and win. When they see that you earn money from poker they will understand that there is difference between you and the people loosing their money on roulette or lottery or any other similar gambling game.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a very good question, if one wants to earn money in this game is precisely to share it with your family, well that's my way of thinking, however sometimes my family sees the game as a waste of time, but sometimes they give me I support and that comes to me very well at the tables. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be either a hobby or a way to earn some money. If it is a hobby and you don't spend all your free time and your money for living on it i think that situation is ok. It is just another hobby which makes you happy. If you spend too much of your free time on poker but you constantly improve your game and earn good enough amount of money for the time invested this is also ok. If you invest too much time and/or money without getting anything from that this is a problem and your family and friends will definitely be correct to be angry at you.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My parents don't really care one way or the other. But they also know that I am not big on gambling, and I only wager what I can afford to lose. If I started to wager beyond what I could afford to lose, they would likely have a problem with it. Which is a pretty reasonable position to take, I think. I would probably feel the same if I had a kid who played.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question! All in all, yes. I taught them all to play. They see it as entertainment tho, and no difference loading 50 bucks, than going to the movies on a friday night. so great compromise. I believe in studying and always trying to get better, and they think thats kinda silly. But even though we are on different levels, They totally support me, and when I cash out, they are soooooo proud:)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family does not like much, since they do not understand the game, they do not like this type of games, and they say that I spend many hours playing poker and I could be doing something more productive hahaha. However, a lot of the case I do not do and I keep playing long hours hahaha. regards

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife not like when i play soo long in tournaments, she hate poker a little)) but if i win think she will like it:D

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My husband is playing as well. With my parents I also played already friendly home games. My dad doesn't like to play any games at all and my mum likes many different games. She also likes to play poker with us, but she never would play for real money, I guess. But my parents are also proud, when I win some and cash out. They also understand, that I need time for this.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest poker is not popular in Morocco is even frowned upon because it is a game of money. In addition it has that a minority of person who plays there in majority of the young students.Hereusement that the online poker exists.

to force to admit that it has no chance that my family can support a paying game. In any case I started playing very young and I am always so addicted to it.

S

Sereny33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family knows about my love of poker, but I try to spend more time with my family, and poker is just a hobby

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not support because they consider poker, like playing gambling and gambling. Which is somewhat true, but surely poker is not just a gamble. Poker requires a lot of knowledge that some people do not understand and only with some major success we can close their mouths. Go ahead and do not give up!

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they will disown me if they knew about it

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! there is no special support, but also hate, I try to choose free time for the game so that no one interferes or distracts .... once I sat down to play when my wife was near the $ 55 turner, flew out at a late stage, but went to ITM earned quite a lot of bounty (totally about $ 950), after that the wife stopped reproaching me for playing))
... support is always good)))

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family supports me in whatever i choose to do. Poker is a hobby so they know i wouldn't risk it all for some cards...

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
They don't care so who cares right. :rolleyes:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker when I have free time.
For example, on Sunday, I spend time with my family, and I rarely play poker.
But in any case, my family always supports me.

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I confess that my mom does not like any game where you bet money ... My wife still does not oppose but she considers that the time that I invest in poker is a time that I could dedicate to her, just I try to find the balance with the game and family greetings !!!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family is very unsupportive to the point it took me 10 minutes to right this from having flashbacks.Sometimes less is more

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thought this might be relative for some.

Attachments

• stop playing lol.jpg
    stop playing lol.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 24
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ive been very fortunate that my mother has been supportive with whatever Ive tried to do. Most of my extended family, not so much.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For a long time that was a problem with my mom, time have passed and she accept it now a days.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a topic for me. When I was just starting to play poker, almost all family members were opposed, because it's a gamble and you can lose money, only my brother supported me. And now, when I occasionally make it, almost no one already tells me to play me or not.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
this is definetly a big factor on my game when I started My mom and brothers did not support me at all they say you wasting you're all day that is a vice wasn't till I made my first 100$ that they started to say wow he really is winning some money... this was hard cause I had to play always when everyone was eather out or sleep that was the only way I could focus and play my best poker cause they always interrupting I could be playing awesome and in two or three hand got me out of my zone and lost ... now today they have seen it is like a sport and that I love it thanks God now they support me 100% and even my brothers are interested and started playing with hard work and dedication everything is possible if you really want it nothing will stop you that I belive that's why I know I'll be winning the sunday million one day !