Does studying psychology help with poker performance?

Alexandre Vitor

Alexandre Vitor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good afternoon my friends and friends. In my humble opinion, working on the psychology side helps a lot to be a more controlling and less compulsive player, improving your game, especially in the extra game. What do you guys think?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I agree that psychology and mindset is vital to be a successful player, especially if we're talking about long-term success. Also I would add discipline here too.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
psychology is always different whether psychology has a strong influence on poker I think it's not quite here you need to know the positions with which cards to open what are the chances of the pot your game have how many outs you have and then how the opponent will behave which player he will need psychology

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I guess it must help. So much in poker has to do with controlling your emotions and dealing with bad beats, keeping a cool head, etc.

At least in can't hurt, I imagine.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think you're right, poker is very much a mental game played with cards,
it's also a game where cooler heads will prevail.... generally ;)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Psychologically - I am mainly interested in motivation.

What motivates players to call, fold or raise?

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon my friends and friends. In my humble opinion, working on the psychology side helps a lot to be a more controlling and less compulsive player, improving your game, especially in the extra game. What do you guys think?
for sure if you lose control you lost simple

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Good afternoon my friends and friends. In my humble opinion, working on the psychology side helps a lot to be a more controlling and less compulsive player, improving your game, especially in the extra game. What do you
I like to defeat my opponents psychologically before beating them in poker

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Studying psychology helps with everything. But the effect you will get depends on how you perceive the information and how you can apply it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everything that comes to improve is good

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think psychology plays a big role, and it can be much bigger in a live game. Starting from the tells, through the many small human details and needs, a lot can matter. The dynamics of the game and the management of possible tilting are very important.
There are many times when I don't look at the statistics, but I try to make a decision based on the momentum of the previous hands either preflop or postflop (of course, the classics can still mislead you).

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe someone who works in the field of psychology can tell us this, but I think he will tell us that it is a game of chance in which a lot of money is lost and that we should give it up... better to stay like this in our game without knowing too much psychology :))

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think so , in poker you need all the help that you can get , so it could be a wrong ideea :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I think psychology in poker is an important science. It psychologically motivates the player to concentrate in the game, try to hold the pressure of aggressive players and calculate the bluff.:cool:

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think playong the game of poker is kinda like studying psychology. So ya I guess so

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some reason, people tend to make impact on positions like UTG, BTN, SB-BB (regular 9-max) - some less, some more. Also important to see the seizes of the bets, the frequency of them, the capability of 3bets 4bets maybe limping. Cards will determine the outcomes, but the laydown can be added with amazing reads of the exact hands, and of course spot on situation awareness.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Psychologically - I am mainly interested in motivation.

What motivates players to call, fold or raise?
I'm amazed as well that people can build up from 2.5bbs hundreds of blinds in one hand if everything is clicking to do.
Well, to being able to put your knowledge and experience mixed with luck, I do believe that you force yourself into something that can happen only on poker fields and not in the real life when material and spiritual things are dominating - in poker you 're always starting from the beginning and always have to prove yourself, so probably that constructiveness lead people to actually trying their presence at poker tables making fluently going and going to somewhere from somewhere.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If it doesn't help, for sure it doesn't hurt...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm amazed as well that people can build up from 2.5bbs hundreds of blinds in one hand if everything is clicking to do.
Well, to being able to put your knowledge and experience mixed with luck, I do believe that you force yourself into something that can happen only on poker fields and not in the real life when material and spiritual things are dominating - in poker you 're always starting from the beginning and always have to prove yourself, so probably that constructiveness lead people to actually trying their presence at poker tables making fluently going and going to somewhere from somewhere.
I like to say, "You can do it if you think you can do it."

It requires some optimism and luck of course.

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt.

I like the book "The Mental Game Of Poker"

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think psychology takes the last place in winning poker. The vast majority of players are psychologically stable (“iron nerves”) and difficult to read. The main thing is experience, knowledge, strategy and luck.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that psychology helps a poker player to contain negative emotions and improve the game.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to not just study psychology, you need to work on it