Does poker need very good memory

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memory is huge. I need to remember the players you were playing against and the way they played. You dont have to have photographic memory but you have to have a decent iq lol

Yeah,IQ has great relationsip with memory. But does everyone's iq is inborn?And does that also mean some elements of sucess are unborn?Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9220 using Tapatalk 2

A

ahol27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If playing live, yes. If playing 12 tables online, not so much. Just depends on what type of player you are.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
memory is needed for reads for sure

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without memory and reading of players - you are nothing in poker. So, of course, we need it.

L

loomis311

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to understand concepts and theory of how to exploit opponents and some of the math that goes behind it. This can be learned off the table. I think your memory needs to be most sharp on the table to figure out what players are doing with their ranges of hands. Then you can take what you learned off the table to maximize your value against each individual player.

G

goldy_lordy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play online, it's important to know your odds... because you play so many hands and statistically your odds are good. In live games is much important to read your oponent... that's my opinion