Does how you play describe your personality?

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no it does not some time i am lose and aggresive at the table but when it comes to meeting knew people i am shy and quiet tell i get to know you

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a sure thing that the way of playing poker describe each player personality maybe not 💯% but enough to be able to imagine which is the opponent personality.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every person's playing stile depends on his/her personality and that is completely normal. We are humans and we can't avoid our emotions. You can and should try to hide your emotions but in a stress situation it is much more likely that your instincts and character will prevail and affect your play. Tilt is the best evidence for that. This though makes the game much more interesting.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game full of our life aspects and could depict some of our traits and personalities (being patient or Impatient, Rude, Strict, Tight, Confident, Optimistice...)for sure Poker is competitive and hard just like life struggle however my Poker Style is not my life style and does not have anything to do with my real life behaviour.

We have thus posed the mathematician and the psycologist.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, because, depends of the opponent you can play one way or another.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first how I played portrayed my personality. I was cautious, didn't want to bet my chips if I wasn't sure I'd win. Now I've completely changed my game. Bluffed spots I think they're weak, raised light to take advantage of a situation. The interesting thing is, my personality is still the same. It's almost like my game was originally based on my personality but soon the game built a personality of its own.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a thought: It's actually the other way around in some cases. I know a few examples of (self proclaimed and or acknowledged) cowards in real life being aggressive in poker.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the way a poker player plays shows their pysche/mindset. Intelligent players catch on quick while average intellects like me lost over and over again until I started thinking about the game on a deeper real world level.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm the type of player who play few hands more when I get a hand'm very aggressive.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the sign of the zodiac twins, so I have two faces, good and bad.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which side to watch. There are rules of the game - they are the same for everyone, no individuality. But there are methods of struggle for victory. It all depends on the mood, goals, quality of the players at the table.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I started playing poker that way, but as I learned more about the game I have learned to play differently than my personality.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think I play more boldly, sharply, quickly make decisions, it suits me, both to the outside world and to the inner world. I would say total Poker, but I like total Poker. A brutal view of man's nature. Thanks.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer tight/aggressive playstyle.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No,I can play in different ways,depending on my mood and other factors

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play seems to accurately portray my personality. It's not pretty. Good luck.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally mix my play, even though I try to be tight aggressive most of the time. However, I feel terrible when I pick up my monster hands and it goes I bet and every body folds. This really hurts when there is no action holding monster cards. One good opportunity to mix things is in cut-off or high-jack position.

My image is one that changes and I try to disguise.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends. is a very complex analysis! lol

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely not because your game is always different and it all depends on your mood and external factors.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't know that a playing style reflects your personality as much as it demonstrates how well you know the game. I have lots of very smart, conservative friends who will play at a holiday gathering or something, and they play rather wildly because they don't understand the odds. It doesn't reflect as much on their personality as it does on their knowledge.

With that being said, I study the game and can calculate odds and I have learned to read and evaluate my opponents. That is part of my personality. I am aggressive by nature and I like to study people and poke at them to see what reactions that I get. Professionally, I am an attorney, so I do the same things in my daily life. You can see it in the way I play, I play different ways after evaluating who I am playing against, some players I will play tight aggressive against, some players I will play loose aggressive against and still others I will be a rock. Just like when I have a witness on the stand, I like to know the answer before I ask the question: if I bet here, is this player likely to fold? If they re-raise my CB, what will happen if I go over the top with pure air? However, just like in the courtroom, sometimes you get surprised.

I think your premises of playing style matching personality has some merit, but there are a whole lot of variables that need to be accounted for.

A

aka719

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely no, Ive seen the most total soft and gentle people in life (was going to put wimps but didnt know if it was politically correct ) become an aggression machine at the poker table and vis versa , as mr gump said you never know what you's going to get,,,,,, in life what you get can be difficult to change but you try to survive best you can,, in poker it can be the difference between a raise and a fold, in life our our personality is determined by our upbringing and surroundings,, in poker its our surroundings and as Darwin said survival of the fittest.