Chips
I did try it but I prefer single tabling, it's less stress

N

Narcizzist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have the experience for it to be honest. I much prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im usually always multitabling. I like to not go over 12 tables because I do not have a hud and I will certainly not be able to pay attention to everything. I bought a monitor to hook up to my laptop so I can comfortably play 6 games on the laptop screen and 6 on the pc monitor.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play 2-3 tables at a time anything more I tend to lose focus and miss out on valuable information

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you play, in your case playing too many HUs at the time probably wont get you profit in long terms. But my personal believe is, if you are SNG or MTT grinder more table is what you need, lets say at least 4...Playing one MTT for example at the time could be a terrible waste of time and not only because it last for hours but because FT is what you looking at, ITM itself is not enough to make a difference...
But i totally agree with you when it comes to HUs

D

Docriver1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have one cash game going and a freeroll going at the same time concentrating more on the cash game until I get to second break and then I'll get out of the cash game and play only in the tournament when it gets down to the top 10% of players

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play max 2 tables.. not more because i loose my concentration. Playing on multiple tables requiers a lot of experience and focusing..

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played offline. Play often 3-4 tables online. And can't imagine how it would be boring to play live when hands may last over 5 minutes. You stupidly sit and wait for the next hand. At least something like Ax or J9 just to take part in the game sometimes and stay awake.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i used to think multitabling sucks too. i made threads about how i hated it and i was sure id never multitable.

The truth is,and im sure you will realise this truth sooner or later, that multitabling is key to being a profitable poker player. One table is not going to help you be making the money you want to be making.

Sooner or later your going to have to add tables in order to play more hands andtherefor win more money.

think about it this way. if your playing one table,your probably going to see aces maybe 1 time every 2 hours or so. when your multitabling you could get aces every 15 minutes,not to say even less.

start off by adding a second ,then a third ,then a fourth and you will realise that it is way easier than you thought it was after a few days of getting used to it.Im sure that after you learn how to multitable you will never be able to play only one table at a time again.

Another thing is that you will realise that its not as hard as you might have initially thought it was.

I agree with you If you want to survive through the online arena sooner or later is a must to multitable. For the very begginers it would be hard. And they will stick to the 1-2 tables to a session.

For an intermediate player adding up tables is easier because he has already gained experience and many of the situations he confronts will be familliar with him.So is not needed to overthink every decission.

Maybe the easiest multitabling can be made with sit n gos.The spots there are standard.And you can grind up to 6 tables simultaneously. This is only my humble opinion!!

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me!! i hate play 2 table at same time!

but if is an important tournament i do an exception

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally Im not grinding and can play only 2 table .May be I have lack of experience in multitabling but I concider that playing more than 2 table is following making more mistaking than usual thats why I prefer play one or two mtts and get some result.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the norm is two tables, but when you have to play more, the maximum is four

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play one table at a time.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch the players I face. For this very reason I only play on one table.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play online for money, but I wouldn't multi table.

Poker is a skill game not some robotic game,playing more hands helps sorta as it gives you some idea about randomness and the rng itself, but in the end it's about owning the table. Just playing a lot of hands and raising folding and playing like a machine ls like video poker your just clicking buttons and playing the game now that's boring.

A

anthonydalvaro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe somebody said multitasking is actually impossible. You would actually be splitting your attention and therefore halftasking or something like that. Basically what I'm saying is that if you play more than one table you may be able to make more money over time. But you can not pick up on all the information at the table. Playing one table allows you to place your focus In one direction. Hence, allowing you to play better at that table. But I know it can get boring playing one table.. especially if your a very tight player and folding most of your hands... I wish ACR had zoom 😥

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've multi-tabled cash games once, that didn't go well, but I will usually have 2 or 3 tables open with different tournaments.

I think the other day I had 2 888 freerolls open and the pokerstars freeroll. My laptop screen isn't really big enough to cope with any more (which has happened before and it was horrible)

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After multi table playing, I decided to just play my best on one table at a time.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a maximum of 4 tables and do not focus much, but 2 tables are normal for me and I can follow the game perfectly on 2 tables, both in the cash game and in tournaments!

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play in 2-4 table is not difficult! but if you want to play more than 5 tables then you can not do without additional programs such as XM2

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rarely

I usually play 2 or 3 sometimes up to 5 but If I play the big tournaments never more than 2 at a time and sometimes only play the 1

wuffeli

wuffeli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 888Poker I can multitable up to 6 table easily, but at PokerStars I play max 2. Playing cashgames.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the point of multi tabling? The more tabkes you play the shorter the decision making process becomes. The shorter the process the greater the number of mistakes.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I as a rule only play one at a time. Once in a while I will play more than one if I had started one and one I planned on playing starts. I did make the mistake of having four at once not too long ago. The tables were popping up too fast to really make an informed decision.
It sure did make sense of how a lot of people play in some tourneys I play. they are just clicking and hoping and going on to the next click and hope game. I did however think that playing two made me care a lot less about the bad beats. Being that I wasn't paying 100% attention made it less toxic, being that I was not totally involved.