Does Anyone Here NOT Multi-Table?

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing one table of NLH FR (be it MTT or otherwise) sounds like the most boring thing ever.

What the heck do you do with the 85% of the time that you are not in a hand after you have reads....

Its just a recipe for playing too many hands.

And yes, I have played plenty live and will talk/socialize and there is a lot more info to be taken in there tbh.

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-Table To The Point Of Diminished Returns
Find your multi-tabling "sweet spot." Generally speaking, players will win less when they have more tables open because they can't focus as much on each table. It's always better to win $1.50 on two tables than it is to win $2 on one. However if you're only winning $0.25 on four tables, you're stressing yourself out for nothing. Keep adding tables until reach the point of diminished returns.

This sounds like great advice one problem I can see with it is getting a large enough sample during each move.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing one table of NLH FR (be it MTT or otherwise) sounds like the most boring thing ever.
It is, but I never play FR at all (except live) because I hate folding period.

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference is to play 3 to 4 tables. One table is usually slow and I get bored.

surfersandi

surfersandi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good question! I cannot multitable with cash tables it is too distracting. If I am playing in a large tournament I will do a small sng just to keep busy and not get bored with large field freerolls.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i used to think multitabling sucks too. i made threads about how i hated it and i was sure id never multitable.

The truth is,and im sure you will realise this truth sooner or later, that multitabling is key to being a profitable poker player. One table is not going to help you be making the money you want to be making.

Sooner or later your going to have to add tables in order to play more hands andtherefor win more money.

think about it this way. if your playing one table,your probably going to see aces maybe 1 time every 2 hours or so. when your multitabling you could get aces every 15 minutes,not to say even less.

start off by adding a second ,then a third ,then a fourth and you will realise that it is way easier than you thought it was after a few days of getting used to it.Im sure that after you learn how to multitable you will never be able to play only one table at a time again.

Another thing is that you will realise that its not as hard as you might have initially thought it was.

K

Kbalzara

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that I LOVE when super fish starts multitabling 6+ tables :]

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to think multitabling sucks too. i made threads about how i hated it and i was sure id never multitable.

The truth is,and im sure you will realise this truth sooner or later, that multitabling is key to being a profitable poker player. One table is not going to help you be making the money you want to be making.

Sooner or later your going to have to add tables in order to play more hands andtherefor win more money.

think about it this way. if your playing one table,your probably going to see aces maybe 1 time every 2 hours or so. when your multitabling you could get aces every 15 minutes,not to say even less.

start off by adding a second ,then a third ,then a fourth and you will realise that it is way easier than you thought it was after a few days of getting used to it.Im sure that after you learn how to multitable you will never be able to play only one table at a time again.

Another thing is that you will realise that its not as hard as you might have initially thought it was.
Getting better means my margin is larger, plus I don't really need super-premium Broadway pairs to profit because I'm stealing and thin-value betting so much. My biggest two wins last session were with 77 and Q9s vs a lagtard for stacks each time.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 tabling is very easy though, like its still super slow. its not tables popping up everywhere lol.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm on a 17" laptop so the tables are tiny. I did give two freerolls at once a try and I must say it was kinda fun. Seemed to tighten up my play...

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on a Dell laptop on Bovoda, I play 4 max, not sure if you can play more.. I think I adjusted pretty well to the flow of it. If anymore were there I think I would start to to get to caught up on trying to pay attention to the game. Also I play FR so it makes it easier IMO.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing 6-12 tables at the time but i didn't use holdem manager and my graphs showed me that playing a bunch of tables at the time actually ruined my game. I was talking to many people who multitable and it seems that such a way of play is actually directly imposed by poker sites and by promotions they offer ( if you make XXX points and reach bla bla level you'll get something special?? )...As far as i'm concerned i try to avoid multitable and in my opinion it definitely breaks the concentration, not to mention misclicking etc.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a bigger tourney that really matters to you, it may be smart not to multi-table during it. Otherwise, multi-tabling is nice. Definitely allows you to maximize your grind and get VIP points and possibly make profit.

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on a Dell laptop on Bovoda, I play 4 max, not sure if you can play more.. I think I adjusted pretty well to the flow of it. If anymore were there I think I would start to to get to caught up on trying to pay attention to the game. Also I play FR so it makes it easier IMO.

You can play more than four at a time but not in one area, eg 4 SnG and two scheduled tournaments.

SyKoChiller

SyKoChiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like most everyone plays one table at a time, including myself. I prefer one, but if the game is slow (large field tournament) Its not too difficult to play a single 6max S&G or Ring game at the same time.
I do well with a 6 player Cash table and 6 or 9 player S&G together. It paces your play. Getting in a hurry playing poker can end disastrously.
But with all the distractions in the real world one table is often enough.

gundacker

gundacker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll multi-table if the tables are full 6-9 people sitting in because I'm more likely to have downtime to fold.

I don't multi-table heads up games.

tracyrickrobby

tracyrickrobby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't multi table. I suck at multi tabling. I lose A LOT. I need to focus on a single table to win

i agree!! i cant multi table either ( end up misclicking)!! i like to focus on one table also, to get a good read on my opponents!!

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play up to 4 tables at a time. omly when it comes to a final table I stop multitabling.

Kenzie

Kenzie

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to multitable... stops me getting bored and playing with garbage.

4 tables keeps me interested & more importantly, focused.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one table at a time, because that way I can focus all my attention on that one game. Also I'm showing the rest of players at my table, the proper respect that they deserve!

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one table at a time, because that way I can focus all my attention on that one game. Also I'm showing the rest of players at my table, the proper respect that they deserve!

What respect does someone you know nothing about deserve?

You can be sure as daylight that they won't show you the same "respect" if it means limiting their profit.

N

Novify

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, my experience of playing in multi-table tournaments is not very big! Since I'm a beginner, I try to focus on one game. Studying online poker, I found the following: experienced players prefer to play on multiple tables at the same time. They attribute this to the fact that less time has to wait for a good hand. Thus, the game becomes more interesting

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 4 table cash games and I single table mtt's.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got to say I prefer not to multi-table. I like to concetrate and focus on one or maybe two at a time and take notes. The more the unmerrier, for me.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have never multi-tabled like you said I like to pay attention to what my opponents are doing and how to play against them doing this with 12-18 people is hard if not impossible. Besides I like when the window I am playing is full screen I dont know why but I dont like when the window is small.