Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't consider myself an anxious person, but I do notice that my mental state significantly affects my gameplay. In poker, it's crucial to be very patient and carefully consider decisions. In my case, it's essential to be "comfortable" and calm. I always try to set aside negative thoughts when something goes wrong and focus on what's left of the tournament instead of dwelling on the fact that I was in a better position before. This becomes much more challenging if I'm having a bad day.

I also noticed, for instance, that after winning a ticket in a freeroll and entering a tournament with a much bigger prize, my gameplay was a complete disaster. I became much more erratic, and it was harder for me to be patient.

In summary, yes, I believe that mental state influences performance, sometimes positively and other times quite the opposite.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you mean anxiety at the poker table regarding your mood and the situation at hand ; or do you mean anxiety as a psychological condition/disorder ? Like : do someone suffering from regular panic attacks or similar condition (or from a ptsd of some sort) in their everyday life could nevertheless perform well at poker ?
An anxious person who has an anxiety disorder.