Does a professional poker player need a vacation too?

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that the mind will need a vacation at some point yes!

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
If you play poker like you go to work, you naturally need it.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have met some people who are uninterested in vacations, but I would guess that a hard earning grinder would love a vacation just like everybody else (some may bring work with them).

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I have met some people who are uninterested in vacations, but I would guess that a hard earning grinder would love a vacation just like everybody else (some may bring work with them).
That kind of people sure are the most questionable lol :unsure:
Like if you prefer staying at home to going to somewhere (abroad) (dont even have to be "vacation") then there is clearly something wrong with you ...

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That kind of people sure are the most questionable lol :unsure:
Like if you prefer staying at home to going to somewhere (abroad) (dont even have to be "vacation") then there is clearly something wrong with you ...
I used to love going south to hot weather and lots of sun. As I got older I began seeking the shade and avoiding the hot sun. Now I never vacation down south and prefer to stay home on my own beach (I live on salt waterfront). It's cooler in the summer and cheaper. The closer winter gets the more poker I play!

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people indeed find vacations beneficial for their well-being. Taking a break from routine and responsibilities can have several positive effects on both physical and mental health. :)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I usually need a vacation after my vacation since I party so hard.

Seriously: most people need to recharge their brain after concentrating hard like you do if you are a professional poker player. Some extreme individuals who also think poker is the most fun and interesting thing they can do may keep on grinding year after year without being negatively affected. I think Doyle Brunson played almost every day for example.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you can't even have time to enjoy your family and get some fun, what would be the advantage of working hard? Of course any job must have vacations.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely, even professional poker players need vacations. The intense mental demands, emotional rollercoaster of wins and losses, and the sedentary nature of the game can lead to burnout and diminished performance. A break offers a chance to recharge, gain perspective, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. It's not just a luxury; it's a strategic necessity for sustaining longevity and success in the competitive world of professional poker. Taking time away contributes to mental clarity, emotional well-being, and overall life enrichment.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, every player needs a period off poker!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Between everything going on in my live with work, family poker ect, I could imagine a processional poker players fee as I do right at this moment. They could you a real vacation to relax and recharge. I know I could use one and really haven't had a true vacation in...................................................... OMG I am not 100% sure any more but I think it was in 2007.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe even more than others, due to the level of stress and pressure there is.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe that vacation for a professional poker player relieves stress, I think it is essential.
I'm sure that they need some rest and relaxation, and hope that they take all they need. :)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I rest when I feel tired of playing or if I continue a series of losses.
But I don't specify a specific day to rest.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it’s like a dream - everyone needs it, and rest is needed to restore resources, some kind of reboot

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Vacation at least 5 weeks every year to relax and recharge body and brain and focus on other things then poker.I also think one day at least every week of the year to rest is essential to maintain energy and focus to be a winning player.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I think it's useful to take a break from any job, even such as poker. I haven't been playing poker for a week, taking a break from poker and coming back with the energy I gained on vacation, I always advise everyone to relax and feel like a person Living for themselves is very good for themselves and for your health

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, you need a vacation, just like a weekend. If a person playing poker does this professionally, then a vacation is necessary. Maybe for a couple of days on vacation he'll want to play a couple of online tournaments himself)

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people need a break, regardless of their profession, and will be reinvigorated from vacation when returning to work. But there are some people that would be happier to be working every day instead.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need one day vacation for everyday I play poker. But I am not pro. I believe everyone needs vacations.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I belive that everybody needs a vacation no matter what they do in their life.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
well I think so...yes ...in fond , they are also people and they need to unstress and relax a little :)