Do You think You Can do What Chris fergusson did?

J

johoyo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just about everywhere. I started playing at sites that offered good value freerolls. I would usually play small freerolls with small prizes not those massive ones at Stars or full tilt poker. After i was able to do my first cashout i just started clearing easy bonuses. I also played a lot of private freerolls which are much better value. After i got to nl25 i played mostly on the bigger sites, mostly ipoker network and pokerstars but also a little bit in partypoker, ongame network and Full Tilt Poker.

Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on my way right now, i've never deposited on full tilt cashed in a freeroll a month or two ago and have since brought my bankroll up to over $200 and it's steadily (with a bankroll management system similar to chris') increasing.. im playing $ 5-$10 SnG's right now... it's a very good way to learn PATIENCE.

Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by the way that graph in my avatar is my progress if u care:}

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congrats hynes, as for myself, I've honestly reached 3500 once, and 2500 another time, but the sad trueth is, I've choked when I sat down with the bigger boys, and they just ate me up, hahaha, now I've never really been able to come back from there, but if I build it that high up again, then I promise myself I ain't choking they will be the ones to choke, what's that say again, "made me choke once shame on u, made me choke twice shame on me, trying to make me choke a thrid time, You out your damn mind".. gla with your dreams and goals

scorpione

scorpione

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the dream :)

I'm trying to do it, the way is still so long :p but I hope one day to come back here and say: "Yes I've done what Chris did" :D

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not got the time to go through every post...

So I`m sorry if I am repeating what has already been said.

Whenever Ferguson or any of the top players do anything you have to remember one thing - it is their job, so win, lose or draw, they will pick up their money.

They are all sponsored.

If you have bills to pay and a job 2 do, you probably won`t have the time to do what he did, unless you don`t need the money.

trazmaniandevil

trazmaniandevil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My housemate started on $0 on CakePoker and through freerolls, sit and gos and now small limit cash tables (5c/10c) he's now sitting pretty on $120 and increasing it all the time.

It can be done, but it takes patience and a decent poker brain I think.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way he did it was with a specific account, or possibly with rigorous accounting. He has plenty of side money so at no time was he ever playing scared money.

For the rest of us, in a piss poor economy, this becomes doubly tuff. And once the br get to some unspecified amount, we would all probably be playing as scared money players.

But there might be where his notion of BR management comes in. If you can avoid those stretches of either time or game selection, then you can minimize that scared money effect.

I can imagine that we all band the br management rules a little, or on occasion. Myself?. I am prone to treat myself to a bigger game after a big win. Usually totally negates the big winnings.

tessa08

tessa08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the banana thing...wtf...did this happen? and um i wish i could do it but i dont have time, lol :)

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the banana thing...wtf...did this happen? and um i wish i could do it but i dont have time, lol :)

Chris can throw a playing card, and slice bananas, cucumbers, etc. He can also down flying objects, like a skeet shooter, and has been known to throw upwards of 100 consecutive cars into his hat from like 15 feet away. Learn From the Pros used to have a segment on almost every show where Chris would do one of more of his card throwing tricks. Astounding, truly.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As often as I''ve tried, I have never yet succeeded in slicing a banana with a thrown playing card. No, wait...........different Chris Ferguson task. Nevermind.

It's a carrot he slices, Dave..

I'm doing a zer to hero at Paddy, up over 100 from 0 with the beginner FRs, did the same at bodog before they froze my account (found out I was Canadian)..

I think any reasonable player can do the first easily (FRs and micro), because after all, all you need is for people to make more mistakes than you do at those levels. Once you get up in levels tho, you have to be able to induce mistakes, and you can't make many yourself, if at all...

So Jesus can handle both levels -- you have to ask yourself if you can!!

Myself, I play with a real bankroll at various limits. The Zero to Hero is fun to do on the side for me tho...

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can also down flying objects, like a skeet shooter, and has been known to throw upwards of 100 consecutive cars into his hat from like 15 feet away.

I hope they're compact cars.

U

unstoppable4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. I'd rather just rob a bank :)

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I play poker for enjoyment and the winning money adds to that. Why would I put myself through torture if I can just deposit?

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I would try it. I went from 0 to $45 very quickly. But then I realized I would have to play it every day and at least 6 hours a day. I stopped enjoying it when I was just doing it for money. Not using certain poker techniques but just surviving. Getting in the money. I lost interest. I can make much more in my line of work. So if there is no enjoyment for me I cant do it. It becomes monotonous labor which is why I came to poker in the first place. To get away from it.

Last edited:
G

g0tjohnd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol no way in hell, once i cash in the freerolls my 2$ goes straight into the donkey cash games :D

JMpointG

JMpointG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe, already got 60 from nothing, i hope i finish in time so that they can put it on my RIP ^^