Do you think strategies change over time?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker strategy is always changing. The math of poker never changes.

Mathematics serves as a comfort and the man needs the beliefs, because the brain constructs justifications to validate them.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there's a direct correlation between strategy and the size of one's chip stack.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the strategies are changing as we progress through the game, since we have different visions and hands ... that's why it's good to take notes and check our hands once the sessions are over to see what mistakes we have made and in which We have acted well, because of this we have to see what strategies we should use the next session on different occasions.

dimasps12

dimasps12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to watch a lot of Pro players videos explaining their ways to play.

For instance, Negreanu said that in the old times he was in UTG with JJ and raises 3BB. The UTG+1 4-Bets him. He knew that the villain had AK, that was the way to play AK. But now he will receive a 4-Bet from a TT even 99, he says.

So, even the strength of a hand changed through time and the strategies on tables as well.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think strategies are constantly changing, look at bet sizing ... mtt pros used to raise 3x and then it was 2.5 and now you see a lot of players going just over a min raise.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would ask how old the book is. something from the 70s is not going to cut it. even from 10 years ago the style of play has changed alot. the basics are, well basic so should last some decades.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything changes over time. Not only that same man can not enter same river twice, but once you enter the river you cant come out as the same man. - Heraclitus, I am paraphrasing his sentence. I don't know how it sounds on English

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is important read but you can change something because strategies change quickly.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that the level of every poker player`s game is evolving. This is producing knowledge and proven good strategies through time. We can create our strategy, or follow a good one that is proven effective. It is a matter of good judgement!