Do you think strategies change over time?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over time our lives change what can we say about the strategy!Time does not stand still and the game has become different!And about the book I will say this-an old friend better than two new!But the new literature would impress you!Live and learn!Good luck to you!

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker evolves like everything else in life, you have to study the old and the new to be successful in the game, good luck at the tables.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is constantly evolving and of course the same goes strategies, every day we keep learning and adapting to changes

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a poker book but it's old! should i follow him?

Thank U 4 Posting.

So many questions.

Who wrote the book?

What variant of Poker is it about?

When you say follow him do you mean replicate all actions or bring certain actions into your personal strategy?

Does the player pool the book is directed towards match your player pool?

Is it for live play but you play online?

Is it for medium stakes and above but you play the micros?

Have you read anything in the book that made you think ohhhh I should have done that vs x player last week?

Old books are fine but often they are strategy books on how to beat players that fold to often or who are too tight. Ie the third raise preflop is always AA. That no longer applies does it.

Hope this helps

:):)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Change is the only constant.

Even in a tourney, you have to change your strategy as you move up.
So new is only new till something else shows up.
Keep evolving.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think strategies could change a bit over time but in the end poker is poker. In my opinion its more important to know what is the strategy of your opponents and then figure out what is your strategy against them. Im sure there is many sucessfull players out there who have never really done a lot of studying. They learned the game by experience and this comes from many hours of play online and/or live.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The book is very usefull way, giving you perspectives how to do things. You may can simulate hands with your friends family etc. or online poker/live poker could be a platform for it. One of my closest friend read a book about live poker's psyhological background and actually it was usefull for me. So worth a try in action.. =)

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All day, poker changes every day...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It changes until most players play so close to optimal that almost all players lose to rake.

After that no sane human put any more work or time continuing to play (at least not online).

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, what the ideas there will to live forever.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a poker book but it's old! should i follow him?

Well i´ve seen like a fashion time, for example since 4 or 5 years ago people start to hit hard on UTG position whith medum hands.. now is common for people atack from this positon while old school only did whith premium hands..

I think there is a development by the resaults some action has.. anda the become a fashion.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. Kid poker said it best. When you think you have it all figured out, that's when everyone passes you. There's no limit to how much you can learn.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker strategy never changes but other kinds of games come out

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question itself is a bit tricky, in reality, what the books show are examples of strategists from other players, or strategies to follow, but in the end, who chooses their own strategy is you, if your strategy does not work, You change to another, and so on until you find your own game strategy that works for you, and when you find it, practice it and adapt it to the table and to the players you face.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Im sure that youll discover a lot of interesting stuff in that book and many advanced tehniques so, my advice is to read it and learn as much as you can from it.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy. Yes, in any case, at the tables the line of behavior will change. It all depends on the opponents. There are no winning strategies. There is a theory. There is a base. There are someone's thoughts. But the strategy and manner of action at the table are all different.
To read books this of course well. BUT! Practice and attention will give you more. :cool:

The only strategy that is really indisputable is the correct bankroll management. :) Everything else will always change.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy. Yes, in any case, at the tables the line of behavior will change. It all depends on the opponents. There are no winning strategies. There is a theory. There is a base. There are someone's thoughts. But the strategy and manner of action at the table are all different.
To read books this of course well. BUT! Practice and attention will give you more. :cool:

The only strategy that is really indisputable is the correct bankroll management. :) Everything else will always change.

I absolutely agree with you

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and no. Poker has suddenly evolved, but not everything has changed. Limping into the pot from early position with a lot of bad hands was not a good strategy 20 years ago, and its still not a good strategy today.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think there are basic, fundamental principles that will always remain relevant. But I also believe that every player should develop their own strategy and tactics based on these basic fundamental principles.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite all the advancements in poker strategy, I believe we still have a long way to go. If you time-capsuled the top professionals today into a tough poker game 10 years from now, they would be at a massive disadvantage against future strategies.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is clear that over time people change ... for this reason the strategies and the way people play poker also changes ... I think that every time poker becomes more analytical and due to the existing tools that they allow players to instantly know the statistics of each player ... most of the decisions are made in mathematical analysis ...!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that over time, players gain experience and strategies for change.

W

wwwasilewski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course the strategy changes over time I used to play aggressive now I prefer let someone start raising the bet hehe