Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
especially online

what i mean is :

often when we make a bad move we realize it AFTER the hand was played or even after the session has ended

but what i mean is ...do you sometimes when you make a bad play / move realize that you are doing wrong right at the moment but you do it anyway ....

it happens to me . yesterday for example in a cashgame i had K-8o on the button and made a raise and got reraised (i think it was from the BB) and i called it ....then i hit my K and the guy made a big bet and i pushed all in and he called with AA which i actually had to know but i was hoping he had QQ . i was aware the whole hand that i am doing the wrong play and i would never play like that in real life . but i STILL did it . with the "hope" to win

and then i felt stupid . like ...if you know that this is the wrong play at the moment then why are you doing it

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think making a really bad move, knowingly and intentionally, qualifies as hopeful or reckless. But every poker player is driven to make bad plays, whether at the live table or online. Nobody escapes it. What should be done is to be very cautious and avoid bad plays.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
especially online

what i mean is :

often when we make a bad move we realize it AFTER the hand was played or even after the session has ended

but what i mean is ...do you sometimes when you make a bad play / move realize that you are doing wrong right at the moment but you do it anyway ....

it happens to me . yesterday for example in a cashgame i had K-8o on the button and made a raise and got reraised (i think it was from the BB) and i called it ....then i hit my K and the guy made a big bet and i pushed all in and he called with AA which i actually had to know but i was hoping he had QQ . i was aware the whole hand that i am doing the wrong play and i would never play like that in real life . but i STILL did it . with the "hope" to win

and then i felt stupid . like ...if you know that this is the wrong play at the moment then why are you doing it
I think it's just in your nature that you always win, only this is a very good factor in life, and in poker it's a minus for you and you, realizing that you're wrong, just stop

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Sometimes I do them, just to see what the opponent had, but I try not to repeat the same move with the same player.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do that all the time in free rolls because I usually have something I should be doing other than playing poker

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of , I had a time in which I did this mistake :) , but I think I learned my mind :)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
many times we make a bad play with the hope of winning a big pot and much more online due to the type of players there are, but we also do it when we reraise in position and it is difficult for us to give up the pot because we do not want to believe that the SB or BB they may have a good hand. In your case there are many things to consider. The type of player. The ranges with which he raises and with which he reraises. the chips he has. in addition to considering whether it is worth risking your chips with the cards you have. Actually it has happened to all of us online and even live.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
especially online

what i mean is :

I've made so many wrong moves, for me this is normal online, I've bet on a tournament that was to give up and i've given up where it was to bet, I've been to all-in without a card, I've hit wrong

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I realize I made a mistake, I just note it, try to forget about it and focus on the next hand. If I think about it a lot, I will often be tilted.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
especially online

what i mean is :

Sometimes I do it too yes, I'm very aware I'm behind but the possibility of a good spot for a bluff is still there. also I could get lucky.

I assure you even Pros do that from time to time

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It definitely happens more often than I'd like. haha

I hope to be able to work on my mentality for the next year... some actions like these can make us lose a lot of money... or stop earning.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it could be a good move, we just think it's a bad move because our opponent opens a hand we didn't expect to see. But we do not see the future, and when the distribution has already taken place, we think that we would have played differently. Probably wouldn't play

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a couple of times. But when it happened with me I knew I was on tilt mode and I knew it was the wrong play, but for some reason I still made the play. Of course it would not happened if I wasn't on tilt.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens sometimes. Especially on the bubble when i have a short stack.
I understand that i can get the prize zone and i see that my stack is shorter than other player's stack. But i can call the all in and then lose everything in this game just because i have good cards.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I know what you mean. Im not good enough to fold top set when get jammed after river and four card flush on the table etc. I know im beat, but i call it anyway. And also, i call all ins happily, especially big pots, knowing im behind. What can i say, wrong play and right play... i dont know. i like the emotional rush. If amount of tournaments you play per year is under 500, i rather have fun on the tables then think about long runs :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yep, everyone makes mistakes, anyone who says they don't is lying or kidding themselves:cool:

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you had won the hand, would you have considered it a good move?
I think you shouldn't think so much about it, you had faith, chips and you paid.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally happens to me all the time it’s called letting your emotions get the better of you my friend, sometimes exercising a bit more patience is all that is required to reach the money/final table if you get what I mean…. Anyway I wish you all the luck in the world on your future endeavours 👍🏻

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes of course, every time I make a bad move, I realize it, and then I try not to make it happen again

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes I do them, just to see what the opponent had, but I try not to repeat the same move with the same player.

Smallish pot, player I have no information on at the table, will now & then call believing I am behind to check my read & maybe leave opponent with an misleading read. Not something I will do often as paying attention will often supply the same information without putting my chips at risk.
To answer the original question, off course I do & I try to learn, or more often relearn from my mistake(s).

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very important that you focus on those mistakes that you are making, improve by studying and taking notes so that you don't make mistakes again.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, I've done that, it also happens that sometimes we have a hand of Sb and BB in mind and we don't want to let go even more when a top teir hits

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
especially online

what i mean is :

Yes, that kind of thing happens. Perhaps, a natural feeling.