Do you smoke more because of poker?

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I have only an one reply: I never smoked:cool:, and other not advise this to do...:rolleyes:
That's all!;):):D

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell yea i smoke alot but i dont know if its the poker or the beer. I play and start drinking to burn up time. Good luck :eek:

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to let you know that smoking does everything but warm your body. In general, if you are surrounded by non-smokers, you are the one who is cold. The reason is the decreased blood flow due to the narrowing of the vessels caused by smoking and that is why your risk of having a heart attack is higher.

In the subject. I am a 28 year old boy who started smoking at 14. And by smoking I mean a lot. I tried to quit smoking and the longest period was 3 months and I did it a couple of times. Every time I do, I see an improvement in all aspects of my life. This year my New Year's resolution was to do it again, and all of a sudden my poker results improved more than ever.Replace smoking with something productive. When you have a bad rhythm go and learn a language or if you want to smoke something better it would be pure marijuana without tobacco.

Well, friend, let me tell you something, I smoke when I was 13 years old and I am 33 years old and I have also left it and smoked until crypi, it is similar to marijuana and I really did not like its aroma or its smell, nor anything I prefer to smoke a normal cigarette, but That happens to me, the cigarette warms my hands and body, and I have stopped smoking a lot, now I smoke about 3 cigarettes a week, I am no longer an addict or anything, it will be due to the country situation who knows, but the cigarette then has its good things and its bad things, like poker if you don't know how to control them and play with a conscience and with a bank you will fail brother.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid smoking. Need to focus more on making better decisions.

rictor99

rictor99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but I play poker less because of people who smoke. I will only play in non-smoking games.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it normal that when you play poker the consumption of cigarettes increases? Or is it possible that it is anxiety about this pandemic and being locked up for so long?

It happens to me also, but from what I ve heard is not ok to do this. Cigarettes increases anxiety :( we have to relax in another way.

Good luck!

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit smoking, but when I played I smoked more than normal

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke a lot less. Because I stay focused most of the time.

C

clave7777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happily left cigarettes behind. Not a positive habit.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Used to smoke back in college , after that used to smoke socially and nowadays I don't even want to smell the smell of a cigarette :)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quit smoking three years ago, but when I smoked during a game I did it on a five-minute break))

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no i'm trying to quit smoking

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hahaha yeh sure when i play poker i smoke double cause of the stress

O

ogloccness

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I vape a bit more when I'm playing online poker (obviously not in a poker room, since 99.9% of them don't allow it). It helps me stay focused because of the little bit of nicotine that I put in it.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I smoke almost every break. If I sit in a lot of tournaments, I don't have time to smoke a cigarette, except for these 5 minutes. And so, doing something else, I smoke much less often, once every 2-3 hours on average.
In general, we must quit this addiction, we ruin our health ..

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
quit smoking. We pay for cigarettes, then we pay for treatment of the consequences of the habit.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is not a reason to smoke more or smoke at all.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes especially when the stakes are high. last time I sat at work at work yesterday, I smoked 3 strands of cigarettes in a row :)

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I smoke. but not more because of the game of poker. Because of poker, I drink more tea and coffee. Smoking is certainly a bad habit, and I would like to quit.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. especially when the pot is big. i think it suppresses the excite somehow

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Is it normal that when you play poker the consumption of cigarettes increases? Or is it possible that it is anxiety about this pandemic and being locked up for so long?
I usually use poker to distract myself because I play because I like poker not so much because of the prize so it doesn't change my behavior a lot but sometimes we get angry because we lose good hands like KK and AA in the hand and the guy goes with 42 and wins in sequence

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in live poker yes , just cuz im surrounded by ppl that do smoke too .
in online poker no , poker doesnt make me smoke more than usual ..

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes smoking is a stress reliever for me. Sad and so unhealthy. But when I lose a hand I think I should have won I get pissed lol And yes I do smoke more. I save a lot of money when I skip poker for a while.