Do you play poker only to get rich?

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing poker! I play for pleasure. I play poker to enjoy the spirit of competition. Also it helps keep the mind sharp.:five:
:flowers::bebored::marchmell

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think, that many peoples are playing poker because it is gambling. But of course every poker player wanna be worlds famous poker player and money comes with that to.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker not to get rich. I play poker to win at least something possible[emoji16]

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I dont..I play poker because I like it a lot.Of course,I would like to win any Spin&Go jackpot but I´m happy(and satisfied) every time I cash out some dollars from any of the poker sites I play in.

B

Baly2289

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Пароли

Ребята де братипароли?????:rolleyes:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a passion playing poker. The profit i make helps me a lot. I have a real job too

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing for the fun of competition. Even with Play Money I'm having a good time.

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I WOULD PLAY A VERY DIFFERENT HIGH STAKES TOURNAMENTS

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you still play poker if you were a millionaire?

I would still play most definitely if I was a millionaire. That's my ultimate "fantasy". To win big and get rich enough to just fully retire, sail around the world, stay at upscale hotels and play wsop or whatever tourney's as they go around the world. The Life! :)

Canaveral

Canaveral

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play to get rich, but I would I would still play at the same low stakes if I were wealthy. But I couldn't get rich playing poker unlesss I tamed bankroll management. After about three years of playing online I became a net winning poker player up to 0.50/1.00, consistently building bankrolls $5 at a time, then I stupidly move up three or four levels and lose it all in 1/20th the time it took me to build it. I've been playing for 11 years and right now I'm back to playing freerolls bc I can't manage a bankroll, and I'm too cheap to put much more money in. Same thing with sports betting- I stay away from football and baseball, but have been net positive in terms of units, especially with in-game NBA bets, but I am terrible with bankroll management. I'll build up to about $500 then start placing $100 bets and within 4 or 5 days, or sooner, I'm busted due to variance.

Bottom line, I wouldn't trust myself to play poker for a living or to get rich, nor do I have the skills to play at a level where you could make a living. I'll bet 90% of players think they're going to get rich playing, but as we all know actually 90% lose money.

Now, the stock market on the other hand . . . .

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Absolutely. I love the game and having a big bankroll would mean virtually no pressure to play.

If you maintain sensible goals and expenditures - i.e. expect an ROI, keep buy-ins at a modest level and don't go venturing into 100K high rollers- then what would be the downside?

Your game would likely improve as you could afford to open your ranges take more chances than you do with a tighter bankroll. If you found yourself failing, simple, drop down a level or two, decrease the buy ins. Not rocket science, just personal discipline...but I would rather implement that from a flushed financial point of view than not.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I play because I love this game, if I were a millionaire I would still play because thanks to this game I met very good people and friends who taught me new things about the game, poker is like life you always keep learning nonstop

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let it not be modest, but yes again Yes. The second question is yes but less.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could do it haha, but I have a lot of fun! I like to play it, and lately I want to win a cardchat freeroll is my goal first. Haha

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why do I play poker?

Good morning everyone.
That is one of the reasons.
I follow the twitch of a player who plays $ 109 Mtt, has a profit in 2019 of over $ 55,000. He says he plays poker for money only.
I love playing poker, I want to learn to play poker on a professional level, everyday game.
I have placed an order for all my withdrawals and deposits and am profitable at $ 162.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is not about money. Excitement in the spirit of competition. I'm not an athlete and I never have been. Me do not Shine any Olympic games and Championships. But I can and will participate in poker tournaments. It is they who can give me the emotions that I lack
There is nothing better than to be the first in a major tournament. Emotions are everything! I'm here for them!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play even if I became a millionaire, the only difference would be the value of the games, I would play the high stakes

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't give a $hit about money

If I cared about money I wouldn't be playing poker. Because I'm not even very good, all I can do is lose. But yes I do this because I love playing and moreso streaming poker.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
If I cared about money I wouldn't be playing poker. Because I'm not even very good, all I can do is lose. But yes I do this because I love playing and moreso streaming poker.
What site/s do you play on? Have you ever played HU? :hmmmm:

:D

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for pleasure so probably I play poker if I was millionaire. Obsviously I play poker to win money too but this is not the most important to me.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing poker. but if I win, then it is very nice !! )))

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker to keep me busy and to make it rich...So far ive been kept pretty busy and broke!!
Hahaha

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to satisfy my competitive instinct and for the intellectual challenge, in which like life, the fickle finger of fate plays its part.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I like this game. And if I was a millionaire :) I would play poker too.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naaa, its only a game a few maybe win a lot, but i say again, only a game.