Do you play poker only to get rich?

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker as an escape and a way to make money. Of course I'd like to get rich doing it, but I think most people who play poker do it because they enjoy it. Only a small percentage of actual poker players get rich doing it.

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nowadays is more difficult then in past due to many players have work with their game and no one put money only for entertainment (ofc that are recreational which drink alcohol, and play for fun, just to chill some moment)...that's why i think that an average 20-25% make 5 digits $ in every month

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe that it's big possibility to win so many that you will become rich :D

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

only for fun and maybe small profit thats all.If u have plan to be rich from this u can go outside without clothes :)

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all people who play poker,have hope to get rich,ALL.
When you say i play for fun,go play some video game for fun,why poker?
You have so many games so many things to do for fun,also you have playmoney to play for fun,and you play on real money for fun? Hmm

25Giggs

25Giggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may seem you're playing just for fun at first, but I think that this keeps going only until you win big...

Then it becomes an opportunity for you to make money, while having your fair share of fun :)

The actual win, probably, is to keep the fun part in your game, even when it comes to winning big tournaments.

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I don't like to play, it is my passion. I feel super good playing, but in the not too distant future I would like to be a professional poker player.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not going to get rich beating 200nl, and that's ****ing difficult.
It's a super game though no matter the stake :) lots of fun

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I will ever get rich playing. I am a microstakes grinder amd do not have the disposable income to invest to get to the higher stakes. I just play because I love it.

D

dave1957

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no

to pass the time, I will never be ahead in this game.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way things are is more certain to say that I'm getting poor kkkkk

maxie_07_93

maxie_07_93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NOOOO :eek:

Lo hago porque disfruto las partidas y me sirve para relajarme.
Aunque si es ganando plata mucho mejor! Pero no es el objetivo principal.

Saludos

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For most mortals, playing poker should be a complementary activity. It is a catastrophic mistake to think that poker is going to save our economic life. You must have at least one guaranteed source of income.

V

Vinnielfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only treat it as a hobby, otherwise I'd beat myself down after I play for not winning��

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GOOD NIGHT

Live rich or die while trying

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YESSSS

The truth, yes, you can generate more money and it is also a game that many of us like. In addition there are soccer or basketball players, who are millionaires and play poker haha.

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it just fun in general. Even if I don't have active money in an account I like playing on poker Apps for fake money.

Maruzeiratt

Maruzeiratt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to dream.. dream of winning a big hit, must be a very good feeling. For me only playing freerolls! 3k is already big hit ! :D

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play for the money... I still want the money, but now to a greater extent, I just want to get better and learn from mistakes.. The thrill and excitement comes from my hand not getting 2 outed, and busting donks who throw their whole stack in with flush/straight draws on the turn.

J

Justdoit818

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mdq

Play Poker Stauffer at home!
Hi, I was away for awhile but this quarantine is the best treatment for now against the covid19. So let’s play poker and stay at home. See you at the table

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it just fun in general. Even if I don't have active money in an account I like playing on poker apps for fake money.

I can't stand sitting at play money tables anymore. I used to enjoy sitting for hours to get that mega-stack, but you don't learn to play better and it just seems like I wasted so much time now in hindsight.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun, for the challenge and for the glory.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were a millionaire the only thing that would change is the stakes I play at lol

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I play for the challenge . If money comes along then great , if not it keeps my mind competitive.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play because I like the excitement!

in fact when I started it was because I thought it was elegant, then I found out that I had to be very smart and canny. And when I came across the emotion it caused and also the fact that it couldn’t show the emotion ... And it is the only place you can lie to your friends and it will not be considered a bad character for that .... hehehehe ai me fell in love with poker!
But in fact, I wouldn't need to be a millionaire, if I could maintain a monthly profit X that would already be great.
What if I was a millionaire ??? oh yes that would play big events live and online !!!
Friendly hug!