Do you play poker during periods of insomnia?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my experience poker is worse for insomnia.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't play well in not good mood

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I don't play like this, I prefer to do it when I'm completely calm and with a clear mind, because good opportunities don't always come, there are times when you have to swallow the Bad Beats for several days.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I played with insomnia and it's the worst thing in the world since you don't have all the lucidity you need to demonstrate your game.
I have insomnia due to playing poker, after the session I play regular games to get distracted and give my mind a rest.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't have insomnia, but having this it looks convenient for the game but it is not so good for your body which needs rest. It might be fatigue you don't understand, so better look for the rest.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually playing when I'm very tired and can't sleep and can tell you all.. I'm taking the worst decisions everytime..

M

Mambra7210

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
If I play at night, I will definitely stay awake:) if I win because of losing or not doing well then:)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I am not diagnosed so wont say I have insomnia, but I have trouble sleeping my entire life.

And no. During those long hours I watch various content (movies, series, streams, etc.). I do not play or work. My brain does need a rest even if it refuses. Passively taking content in, over constantly thinking and concentrating is better and eventually helps me shut down.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I've played poker when I can't sleep.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Insomnia ?? And play poker ?? I d rather play a video game , lol . I might feel sleepy suddenly , and that would ruin the game session , if I am forced to leave a tourney or sng and sit out . Ofcourse I could play a cash game , convenient . i play zoom . Its not a bad idea .

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I think this is a bad idea, in general, you need to play when you are in a good mood and not tired, but because of insomnia I prefer watching movies.

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have insomnia: LOL:

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With insomnie i play but not much than normal time.....and i will play safely.....but sometime that happen

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
How your mood or state of mind before a session can affect your game is rarely discussed, but that doesn't make it any less important. For most of us, however, common things are a bad mood due to a busy day at work, feeling overwhelmed by some event in life, or the usual feeling of loneliness. We all have bad days, and I know for myself that on such days we are more prone to tilt. I don't play at night because I always fall asleep easily.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already played but it wasn't a good experience because I didn't dedicate myself 100% to the game and I ended up losing a lot of hands, so it's not worth playing unmotivated or with insomnia play concentrated giving your best

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luckily I don't have periods of insomnia.:)

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have problems with insomnia, but if I lose sleep for some reason, I will definitely play poker.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have insomnia either, but when I play on my Smartphone, sleep comes faster, on the computer, the opposite effect. (Perhaps because my vision is no longer the same and on the smaller screen I end up forcing it) :unsure:

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is more the cause of my insomnia

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have insomnia 4-7 times a month. 1-2 hours at such moments I play poker. And you?
Hello.

I don't do this. I think it's not the good idea.

The energy won't increase anyway but it is more possible that i can lose.

I think so.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I'm sleepless, I try to drink water and turn on a movie to calm me down

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, when I want to sleep, I sleep)

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker even when I really want to sleep, but I don't play tournaments, and it's not long, but now we have power outages,,,
Light 3 hours and 6 hours no

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play at a convenient time. Then you'll enjoy the game. And if you play when you have insomnia, it will only increase the tension of the nervous system.