Do you play poker during periods of insomnia?

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me too, and I also sit down to play. After a couple of hours of playing, I get tired and then fall asleep quickly and soundly. A good remedy for insomnia.:)

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have insomnia 4-7 times a month. 1-2 hours at such moments I play poker. And you?
I can’t sleep very frequently, I won’t play in the middle of the night, I’ll lay down and just try to rest my body even if I can’t sleep. If there’s 0 chance of me falling asleep I’ll check twitch for a stream or watch something else. I only play poker when I’m good and awake and in a better state to focus on the game. I’m also not going to push myself to play if I’m just not feeling it, I will try to play the free rolls though. Sorry you live this and hope you can find a solution.

Edit to add: I found doing things that “reward” the insomnia can make things worse, your body/mind may get in the habit of not wanting to rest as there’s a positive reward for doing so.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get really bad insomnia. But poker encourages this if you are playing when you have to be up the next day if playing late tournaments because once you start you cannot stop until you are knocked out unless prepared to leave the money on the table. It's also a lot of late night games. For instance, the Sunday Million on stars does not start until 6pm my time. Before the two day split ones this use to run until about 8am so you could go the entire not sleeping and need to be at work by the time it finished.

You need to be quite controlled for it not to affect your sleep. Don't forget you sitting in front of a computer screen when you play which causes problems with sleep.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
During insomnia, I only play it.:)

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have insomnia 4-7 times a month. 1-2 hours at such moments I play poker. And you?
Sometimes I also have insomnia. But on such days I don't play, if I haven't slept I'm not in the mood to play. Insomnia is a big problem. But personally, long walks in the fresh air help me.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play every day despite my insomnia and I like poker I think a lot of people just like the game

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I usually don't play poker when I have insomnia, because I think poker only worsens my insomnia. When I play poker I usually get agitaded.

srapsak

srapsak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have reverse-insomnia - i cannot sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time, i jump up and decide to go sit back at the computer and most likely play poker or watch yt or play dice, my other hobby

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have problems with insomnia, but if I lose sleep for some reason, I will definitely play poker at dawn.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i dont have this problem , but my advice to you is to not play poker in those days/nights :)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Not me, that would cause much more insomnia

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try not to bring myself to such a state that there is insomnia

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I actually do yes! I’m a little bit of a night owl myself and find myself playing early hours of the morning … I wouldn’t consider it a good thing though to be honest as I barely win and I tend to waste money 🙏🤦‍♂️😂

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. I don't play poker after midnight. Only if I play tournament already for 4-5 hours, then I play it to end.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Before, I often had insomnia. But after I started meditating, insomnia didn't happen anymore. Meditation is a great remedy for insomnia. It really helps.
Good luck.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have insomnia, I do not play poker, but I drink sleeping pills to fall asleep, otherwise I will not sleep at all.:(

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am sleepless, I try to fall asleep again as quickly as possible, otherwise I would have to go back to work the next day completely exhausted. Blue light from the cell phone stimulates the brain and would probably rather cause the opposite effect but on the weekend it would of course be something else.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon! I also have insomnia, and sometimes I can sit down and start a tournament or play cash, but this is very rare.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
It happens to me that I don't want to sleep. Yes, at these moments I often play poker ;)

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The game affects my sleep without a doubt. I seek to play on insomnia and also write here on CC.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You know I hadn't thought about that, interesting, who knows when I have insomnia I don't play a little:LOL::sleep:

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never had problems with insomnia, I'm a good guy in bed, I lie down and sleep.:ROFLMAO:

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but instead poker can give me insomnia. Also, the blue light from screens prevents me from getting tired.