Do you often regret that you didn't watch the flop?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No I don't , if you don't have a strong preflop game in any type(CG , MTT , SNG) then poker is not for you. Poker is based on math , only a fish logic treats poker like is roulette or any other luck based game. Poker needs discipline for sure.

If you play starting hands in positions you shouldn't have then this would be a big disaster for your game sooner or later. All this raise first in charts have their purpose they are not made at random. We mustn't follow them by heart because there are many different dynamic factors at the table(phase of the tournament , the line up of the players , ICM etc) but we can't play what is eye appealing haha.

The pic is very to the point , 78o is a trash hand it's a clear open fold in LJ!

Thanks for sharing. :)

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I'm folding any random trash hand and see I would had flop the nuts, it doesn't bother me at all. Even if there's huge action for the pot I still doesn't care because that's like a bingo comes once in a while so if we should play those hands like lottery then we might not survive longer. Also this kind of random two pairs or trips usually might put you in a big trouble. In some cases I get upset of not believing in my good hand where I'm forced fold then I see painful board haha

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. When I fold a bad hand before the flop, it doesn't bother me at all. I just regret the fold, when my hand wasn't so bad and I fold just because of a gut feeling.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. That happens often, but then I remember that you shouldn’t typically play with junk hands. You should focus on the position and good cards. Because the next time I call with a junk hand and out of position, it is not guaranteed that I’ll be lucky and hit the flop.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I'm not a curious player.
If I want to see the flop, I pay for it.