Do you often regret that you didn't watch the flop?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players regret that they dropped their cards before the flop, but sometimes it's the opposite. The right decision at the initial stage can help to save the stack.  875

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing yes!
Today when I fold a hand I'm aware that I normally wouldn't play well in that position with those specific cards, which will happen most of the time!

C

czibak75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost regularly regret not looking at the flop because I am quite a passive player and I always fold and I only go to the party with big cards, but I often find that I would have won even with a full chance, so it is not a pleasant feeling.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In moments when the flop appears two cards or a set or even a flush, from my discarded cards, of course, you regret the discarded cards.But this is so rare that spending chips in the hope of catching your luck by the tail is costly.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I picture the random number generator kind of like the wheel on wheel of fortune when you make a decision the wheel stops spinning, so if you would have stayed in the hand it most likely would have stopped on something different, so its not at all relevant. The only reason to watch the hand is to see how the villans are playing.

D

Damian12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost regularly regret not looking at the flop

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not one to play trash, but when I fold a 72off and the flop goes down 772, I darn sure tooting' wish I had.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, not really, I'm content with my game preflop and I strive to have it well set rather than to hit a certain flop once a day.
If such thing happens, that would be only on SB and in multipot, but still it would be very rare.

B

bucky_barnes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It never bothers me if I would have flopped super strong with a hand I folded. I like to laugh at the absurdity of it, like if I fold Q2o utg and the board runs out 222AK and there is a lot of action. But I never regret my decisions. I say 'Heh. That sucks' and move on.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
most of the time i'm happy not to it
even if pre flop i have a winning hand
but at the river i have a loosing hand

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I regret not having seen the flop. But also most of the time I insist on seeing the flop thinking that the cards will be favorable for me they are not. Most of the time, the statistics contradict my expectations.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make the best decision you can, and live with the results.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already stopped regretting the hand after pressing the fold, as well as the money already invested in the bank. It is useless to regret after the reset.:)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I do not. It is interesting to see what trash cards I had would have won something.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes most of the time I regret not seeing the flop. Like when I see most of the time the cards that one wants do not come out, and that is where the skill of each player begins to play. Poker would be easy if you wanted whatever cards you want to come out:D

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That happen for sure and when we have nothing and fold all the time we see ugly card but very good flop its frustrated

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing poker, I was regret. Now if I fold, my hand is over and I don't care what happened next.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get quite depressed when I see a missed set on the flop, but I tell myself that if I had called there would have been very different flop.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think beginners (like me) do often regret folding, especially bad starting hands, when the flop looks perfect. But in theory, that rarely happens. So you have to tell yourself, that you made the right decision, because you can't compete with better hands. And after folding, you are not participating anymore, and shouldn't care, what cards come next

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
There are wrong decisions in the game and if you regret them, then I think that this leads to a bad game, it is better to analyze your game after the game

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players regret that they dropped their cards before the flop, but sometimes it's the opposite. The right decision at the initial stage can help to save the stack. View attachment 293700

I think this is one of the first things you need to do when you begin to take poker seriously. IF you make the decision to fold, then that is the decision. Do not spend half your session second guessing your preflop decisions.

P.S. - Actually with all of the "free" content out there, including here on CC. You should really feel pretty confident about your pre-flop strategy. If you don't that suggests you need work in that area. Good Luck-Good Skill at the tables, except mine, of course:D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey
There are wrong decisions in the game and if you regret them, then I think that this leads to a bad game, it is better to analyze your game after the game

AHA - This is an excellent point. It is said without wasting words, which I have a problem doing. LOL

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
earlier than learning to play poker then sometimes, but not anymore. If it happens now that my starting cards would have won then I'm just amazed sometimes because my garbage hand would have been a very good hand on the flop, but it's me It doesn't matter because I don't feel like playing with garbage and then being marked as a fish. I'm not a clairvoyant and if my cards are scrap preflop then I fold them and everything I ask myself on the flop, I would have played or folded them under the same circumstances and the answer is always I would have folded them. I don't let that influence my game although of course I have to work on improving my game

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me personally, the right decision is a priority. I try not to play with junk, so the game gives me pleasure and I do not regret anything.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players regret that they dropped their cards before the flop, but sometimes it's the opposite. The right decision at the initial stage can help to save the stack. View attachment 293700
Hello, I sometimes regret dropping cards, but it's not that bad! I usually think what decision I make, and I believe that every decision I make at the time of its adoption is always correct! I generally try not to be upset about poker a lot, because even if you do everything right, luck may not turn in your direction and you will still lose! I try to control my emotions, because a lot depends on them in poker! I wish you a lot not to get upset and always only enjoy playing poker! Good luck!