dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes, in general, he performs the functions of a real “poker ambassador” and puts the game only in a good light. Hellmuth has a lot of friends, you can’t refuse him, of course. He is very sociable and often even chatty, especially when he is at the poker table. Unfortunately for Hellmuth, many poker players have an excellent memory and past "jambs" are not forgotten in principle.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Will always* look up to Phil Helmuth and Daniel Negreanu. These are the two pros who caught my attention during my formative (poker) years above & beyond all others and inspired me to pursue poker further than as just a recreational hobby.

Being in awe of The Poker Brat in that way did quite possibly lead to me picking up some of his bad table etiquette, but thankfully discovering the CardsChat community signposted me towards the journey of growing out of that. :giggle:

Phil is only human, no-one is perfect!

If I ever... When I find myself at a televised table my main goal** will to be to put on a show for the people but, in a somewhat different fashion to Phil.. 📺📺📺

It's fairly obvious to me that Phil isn't simply a whining sore loser, that's just one aspect of his persona which is probably partly a branding strategy and partly just the raw emotion of someone who wants to be the best, and to always win.

As to those who have commented on this thread about not 'rating' Phil, or that he is not an incredible player...

You do understand that you are talking about the leader of the all-time wsop bracelet winners list..? :ROFLMAO:

Yes you're probably correct, Phil likely won six more bracelets than his closest rivals, Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan and Phil Ivey (by the way), through sheer luck and the power of 'moaning it in'... (y);)

If I could chose any poker idol to be tabled with, it would be a very difficult decision between our Bratty WSOP bracelet champion and DNegs.

Hopefully that's not a required or mutually exclusive choice and eventually I will have met them both at the felts, many times...

A boy can dream at least! :D

*Unless one or the other is publicly outed as doing something unacceptably-deplorable..? :unsure:
** Alongside/after winning, of course!
:sneaky:

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a Phil Hellmuth fan. In all honesty, I could not always say that till I started to 'understand' him. As it has been said previously, he is a marketing genius and definitely knows how to promote himself AND he is really good at poker! Poker needs long-lasting, believable characters to hold the interest, whether we agree with them or not. It's obvious to him and anyone else who follows him that he knows how to keep people talking. The way I see it, this is about staying in the loop, for the most part, and continuing to enjoy what you do.

I can think of a few other prominent people who know how to keep their name in the minds and mouths of others ....not necessarily poker personalities.

So, yeah...I like Phil Hellmuth. :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh and Phil practically always replies to, or at least 'likes', my tweets (to or about him), which I think is a really easy way to connect with and brighten your fans' days (with very little effort).

Many other poker pros/celebrities/famous people could take a leaf out of his book with regards to that.

He's a decent guy, I'm sure.

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is a good entertainer and also a solid player. only that he insults very often is not so great.
But it's not much different online that some people often offend.But his show interludes are really very funny.
I hope he gets a few more suck outs so he can play a little crazy.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a poker player Phil legend, only a talented and great player can win so many bracelets and titles. But as a person, I don't like him, I haven't followed him for a long time, but the way he behaved before at poker tables and interviews makes me feel negative.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I find it quite funny, somtimes :), but in general I find it a pretty calculated player who plays very calculated

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Post here if you like hom, and write in your honest opinion his strenghts and weaks! Ta-la !

Me myself i think he is the best player in the world! Anyway, one of the greatests!
I don't like it very much I don't like the way it plays.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know the man to judge his personality.
We can only judge his TV persona.

I find him entertaining, he talks out loud what most of us think while playing poker.

He is a very tilty player, it makes for good viewing.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good player but maybe if he gonna try his mentality that will be better

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not keen on the way he has laid into unknown players that beat him in a hand. Obviously he is a very successful player though and somewhat entertaining which overall helps to promote the game.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitelly not....very arrogant....

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't care about his character. His an excellent player, one of the best, and, if we're talking about poker, the last matters.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He's an awesome player, but I don't like his attitude at the table.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I don't know him well, but he Seemed Like a fun guy.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's entertaining and 16 World championships simply can't be ignored because he get upset when he loses.
Who else has won 16 championships in their field of competition, I've not googled this and I'm not big into sport so I'm guessing.
Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, Roger Federer. You don't people saying Tiger Woods is a bad golfer because of his other dubious activities.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he's an A$$HOLE. Love to see him get beat and watch the whining and crying. Gotta give him props for being a great player though!

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I cant qualifated his play because my ABI 1$ but he is very rude player who cant loose well. Most players intellegence or hide rude but Phill rare player who dont hide bad emotions thats why so much people see this entertaining. Man must be strong character and nature. emotions for women. Im not saint and sometimes angry on my opponents too but im work for change it because i know its not decorate me

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather listen to Phil Collins than watch Phil Hellmuth

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like him< but he probably should lower his self-esteem,when he talks so proudly about himself meaning that he is the best in the poker world..nobody else does that..maybe he is one of the them but for me it seems like there are bunch of players who can beat him.. if all his braclets where from WSOP MAIN event, he would be the greatest of all time no doubt ,but he just won 16 wsop tournaments for 57 years of his life.. ye also he won 14times 2d places and 4times 3d thats all close to 1st , for sure its the best score in wsop results and he is really good in tourneys. I but i think Phil Ivey would beat him and Tom dwan too ..wish he battle on High stakes duel lit bit with Ivey.. thats just one thing i dont like in Phil Hellmuth, his self esteem, despite that i like him and wish him more braclets and all the best.. just my point of view