Do you like Phil Hellmuth?

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post here if you like hom, and write in your honest opinion his strenghts and weaks! Ta-la !

Me myself i think he is the best player in the world! Anyway, one of the greatests!

Attachments

• Phil_Hellmuth-121.jpg
    Phil_Hellmuth-121.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 5
pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Post here if you like hom, and write in your honest opinion his strenghts and weaks! Ta-la !
What's qromg with him ? As far as I'm concerned he's great for the game and he's smart too, much like a ufc fighter if you can't bring the gate or move the needle you won't succeed not as a player but as an entertainer. He makes so much from endorsements and clearly is an elite player. Two thumbs up

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to despise him and his antics but I have changed my mind. He really is a genius at marketing and poker. He wins despite all of the people who talk crap about him. Antonio used to tell him for years on different shows how he would destroy him heads up, yet Phil smashed him over and over. The same can be said about all of the other critics. Phil keeps adding bracelets while they run their mouths.

His shenanigans as "The Brat" is just branding and helps him market and keep his brand relevant and selling. You can see him smiling during some of these rants because he knows it's expected and he has to put on the show. He brands himself as the "bad guy" and that sells, especially in todays market.

So, I really like and respect Phil

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like watching him on youtube, he's so entertaining.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without a doubt he is a great poker pro, but I don't like the way he explodes when he loses a hand, and all the controversies he gets into.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
One time he responded to someone that said ''Poker is just a game'' because Phil was so emotional after he lost that hand.
Phil responded : ''maybe it's just game for you, for me it's my life''.
You gotta respect him for that, he's so dedicated.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️🌺
Phil really deserves attention!💞
16 bracelets is not a joke!👍
But he is an ordinary person, like all of us, and nothing human is alien to him: for example, he recently suffered the infamous virus called Covid.🥺

This prevented him from immediately taking part in the WSOP world tournament. But the illness is over, Phil is healthy and ready to fight, and we will wait for the next bracelet.💞💞💞🌺🌺🌺

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
He is a great player, one of the best of all time! No doubt about it. That being said, his attitude at (televised) tables can be pretty annoying. Sometimes I wonder, if this is all show to keep his image alive. Because away from the table, people tell he is a great guy to hang up with. Nevertheless, he is always entertaining to watch.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Most entertaining player ever. Love it when he goes on tilt!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
you either like the man or hate him
personnaly i like the way he is

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to despise him and his antics but I have changed my mind. He really is a genius at marketing and poker. He wins despite all of the people who talk crap about him. Antonio used to tell him for years on different shows how he would destroy him heads up, yet Phil smashed him over and over. The same can be said about all of the other critics. Phil keeps adding bracelets while they run their mouths.

His shenanigans as "The Brat" is just branding and helps him market and keep his brand relevant and selling. You can see him smiling during some of these rants because he knows it's expected and he has to put on the show. He brands himself as the "bad guy" and that sells, especially in todays market.

So, I really like and respect Phil

I agree with the most part of what you wrote.

Probably all the things he does and says is branding and marketing.

But it doesn't change the fact that you still have to behave properly while playing and people do have feelings.

I've watched him blaming the dealer and calling players idiots/m.f.

that's def not the way to behave as a "poker ambassador"

Apologyzing later is not enough when you keep doing the same things over and over

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know him personally and I don't like to judge people without knowing him, but the videos I watched with him playing, I think it says it all, the guy is thick, he doesn't know how to lose, a tremendous crybaby, I wouldn't care to meet him , if I were to rate him as a player I would give him a 0.001, and I think that's a lot.(n)

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love watching his antics, but I would not want to play on the same table because he might annoy me and then who knows what would happen.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You can like him or not but he is the one of the great poker players!

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's a great player, I'm not a big fan of his personality but it's interesting to see how he plays.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's more than one way to skin a rabbit. I admire Phil for being good enuf to back up his antics. He has watched too much "professional" wrestling in my opinion. 98% of what he does is a calculated show, like walking in late after a tournament starts to get TV time. His motto is if you don't see a camera then find one. It works for him and he has made a fortune, so who am I to tell him what to do. But to answer the question, no I don't like him.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As a person, not sympathetic to me, so I don’t follow on a daily basis.
Regardless, as a poker player, he is a genius, no one will happen to be as successful as he is. So put down your hat in front of him.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, he's a nice character and a nice player, why not? It's fun to watch.