Do you like music when you play poker, and what kind?

romanrat

romanrat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
I enjoy music when I play, but I am not sure if the music makes me play better or worse. What do you think?

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music when I play from home and house music!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I enjoy music when I play, but I am not sure if the music makes me play better or worse. What do you think?
When I play poker, I almost always listen to rap and rock. And it doesn't bother me in any way, on the contrary, it invigorates me.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Enjoy soft music with a hot drink.
And play poker for hours.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The only problem with listening to music while you play, is if you get too pumped up by the song and start getting reckless

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The important thing is that it doesn't distract you. I normally start my poker session with music and the more I advance in the tournaments there comes a point that I take it off because I'm very focused and I feel that there comes a point where it starts to distract me, it depends on each person, another advice I would give is that they already have their different playlists ready for the session

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I loved to listen music when i play!

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I have a YouTube playlist with 3000 songs 😂🤟

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't like to listen to Music if I am playing in a Live Game as I am already hard of hearing and do not want to Call an all-in by mistake which has happened in the past, On-line however I can see what the Call is going to cost me so have little to fear there. But my wife hates the constant clicking noise of bets going in and I have to wear headphones when I play.
Some times I will have music Videos playing on Youtube or even watch a poker game on "Twitch" while I play, switching between Screens when I am not involved in a hand, But I really should be concentrating on the action at my table as you lose too much information doing other things, even if you are not actively involved, there are some things you can spot other players doing which they will repeat in similar situations, and from this type of information you get to know how to out play them.
My favourite Groups at the moment are "Cold Play" and "Maroon 5" but I can listen to any type of Music On-line.

Adi1899

Adi1899

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing poker with music or listening to podcasts, but I've noticed that I play better in silence.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I listen to music from time to time while playing. But I prefer to play in silence.

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always listen to music while I'm in session, what I've listened to lately was electronica, I love it. It is motivating.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Yes I love music while playing poker.
Classical music , Metal and HipHop depending on my mood 😁

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Music relaxes our senses, so it could happen that you play too loose and pay for it

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes I listen to music while playing poker :) , I usually listen to chiil out music :)

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
big hip hop fan here, used to be more a rock fan but switch it over the last 2 years or so

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The choice of music while playing poker can be subjective, as different players have varying preferences and responses to music. However, here are a few considerations to keep in mind when selecting music for your poker sessions:

1. Ambient or Instrumental Music: Many players find that ambient or instrumental music without lyrics can be beneficial during poker sessions. This type of music tends to be less distracting and allows for better focus and concentration on the game. Genres like classical, jazz, electronic, or chillout can be suitable choices.
  2. Calming or Relaxing Music: Poker can be an intense and mentally demanding game, so opting for calming or relaxing music can help create a more soothing atmosphere. Soft melodies, nature sounds, or mellow tunes can contribute to a relaxed state of mind and help maintain composure during gameplay.
  3. Familiar and Non-Distracting Music: It's generally advisable to select music that you are familiar with and that won't divert your attention from the game. Avoid songs with overly catchy hooks or lyrics that may draw your focus away from the strategic aspects of poker.
  4. Personal Preference and Comfort: Ultimately, the best music to listen to while playing poker is one that aligns with your personal taste and creates a comfortable playing environment for you. Some players may find that listening to their favorite songs or genres enhances their mood and concentration, while others prefer a more neutral background ambiance.
Remember that the primary goal is to create an atmosphere conducive to your focus, decision-making, and overall poker performance. Experiment with different music genres and styles to find what works best for you. Additionally, be considerate of others if you're playing in a live poker setting, as your choice of music should not disturb or distract fellow players.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love listening to my mix of almost everything from classic rock to early 2000s one hit wonders. No country though.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I like clasic music to play poker tournaments sometimes.. help me to concentrate and avoid some tilting

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like clasic music to play poker tournaments sometimes.. help me to concentrate and avoid some tilting
Yep, if I play with musica I prefer with classic music, but sometimes depending of my mod I listen 80s rock

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I used to like to listen to trap aggressive music but I stopped)))

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most times yes.
Almost all with R.
Rap, Rock, Reggae and R&B

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes . either relaxing lounge music , or house music , or 80s , 90s , 00s

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I listen to music, I listen to those wonderful Italians.. IL VOLO, well done, their music calms me down