Do you like to eat during a night poker session?

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love good coffee brewed in my Bialetti😍 also of course in longer sessions which can take the whole night.
I don't exactly like to eat a full meal during poker, I prefer making myself dinner and when I get hungry later during session I like to snack a little alongside coffee.
Mostly nuts and dried fruits mix😛
I can also drink coffee at night, but I prefer tea more.😉

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do eat a sandwich with cheese and ham.That's how I stay focused, otherwise hunger makes me think quickly and I definitely lose important chips.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I usually eat while I'm playing, especially fruit and drink water, this helps me think better about the game. There's a saying in my country, "an empty bag doesn't stay upright", which roughly means that when we're hungry we become more impatient.
Well, for sure, hunger can affect the game, and you should not force yourself to suffer

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Avoiding eating heavy foods before and during the grind is important! Always try to eat light and energetic foods, this will improve your well-being and consequently improve your reasoning/performance on the grind.
Good advice👍

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
oh lovely, i also have a small bialetti machine but i also have a bigger delonghi coffee machine i which makes a little bit more crema ;-) -
for sure without milk and sugar, i'm a coffee puriste.
ESPRESSO what else :)
Dopio😁

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I like to eat during a night Poker session?!. Hm, I shall reply simply and shortly: Yes! Why not?!. If I wanted to eat, I shall to eat in any time!.. That's it!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I prefer to drink a minimum of whiskey, it gives me energy.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually eat before playing, but I don't see a problem eating during the game if I felt hungry.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there is a late night poker session I like to eat, I think that that way I relax, I like to eat more fruits, like apples or oranges.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't eat of snack most times when playing a night session. If its a super late session and looking to be a much longer one I may have a little ice cream but pretty muck I don't snack or eat in my late-night games.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends how long the night sessions are. Usually have a coffee and some cookies, but if its over 3 hours i make a sandwich and fruit.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually eat while playing but if the tournament is too long I have to eat at the end. And like many here, I love to play drinking beer, that makes me more patient while playing too.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I especially try not to eat, and if it comes to then only fruits, kiwi, orange, berries. I like to crunch nuts!
:)
No, I don't even think about food before night tournaments. I can only drink some water at the break of the tournament. Otherwise I concentrate on poker. In general, I have a good rule: " When you win, you can eat". :cool:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I especially try not to eat, and if it comes to then only fruits, kiwi, orange, berries. I like to crunch nuts!
:)
I also like to eat nuts and pumpkin or sunflower seeds during the game. It seems to me that this somehow calms me down and I play more patiently and with concentration. But sometimes, if I'm hungry, I just go to the kitchen and grab a plate of something more serious, like meat and potatoes :)

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I kinda just eat when I get hungry, if it's when playing a session then I will have something that is easy and quick.

Having an empty stomach would be more off putting and distracting when playing so easier just to munch something.