Do You Like Daniel Negreanu?

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He wrote some very good stuff about 2-7 lowball :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whats not to like? hes a cool guy and friendly.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how it is not a game, but it's nice to see him at the table, it differs cheerful disposition, a sharp tongue and overall positivity of his nature.
Although thanks to Daniel Negreanu I started playing poker and really liked the game, when I first saw him on TV

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't like him. He's a smart ass. I'll give him this, he knows how to win at poker.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am from romania normally i like him....and besides that is one of the best players in the world and one of the most famous...about his personalily-friendly and pleasant I say....I do not know what you do not like him but each with his opinion.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt be worry about what Daniel's got, instead I would be more worried about him working out what you have got.

Anyway ... Was on a table yesterday that saw 6 out of the 9 players that had pockets. I was one of them, which was 4/4. I folded due to pre-flop aggression & tring to stay alive. KK was the highest & it was Trip Tens that won it from the flop.

So as I see it, all Pocket Pairs are of fairly equal value pre-flop.

Take the ring game that was also being played.
Me, AA, Villian 2/2. Even pre-flop aggression (4x) didnt get this guy of his hand. He still wanted to see a flop. He hits & after 3 rounds of him calling me, he ends up eating a 1/3 of my BI.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's good at reading other players i was watching him on T.V. the other day he was heads up against the magician Esfandari kid poker had A Q off board came
A 6 9 Antonio had pocket 99 it goes down too the river Esfandari bets big on the river and daniel says oh 99 ;)

M

MrEus1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, if I understand it correctly, small ball is the art of keeping the pots small, at least until you are confident in your read or holdings. Daniel is a brilliant player not to mention friendly and one can tell just from his affect that he is a man of integrity. Besides all of that, he's from canada. What's not to like?

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess "like" refers to the person, right? I mean I don't think that we can "like" or "dislike" the way one of the best players in the world plays the game. We can only learn from him. True what a lot mentioned here, his reads are great even if sometimes he doesn't play in accordance to them.
http://youtu.be/pSXxC2n3Qgg
As for the person, yes. I like him a lot. He's gracious whether winning or losing, he's got a good sense of humor and respect for every other player at the table. I've watched some of the "loose cannon" series where amateur players have been staked to play at a high-roller cash table against the top pros. I had a lot of fun and I liked Negreanu even more as he was the friendliest towards the "fish".
Yep, definitely:
I like Daniel Negreanu!

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love his ambitions and his attitude towards everything he says he will do. He always thinks positively and always sets himself goals and doesn't stop til he has reached them.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is on the top of my list when it comes to Poker Players. I had met him when he first came to the US from Canada and had yet to win anything and was an unknown kid. The thing I am most impressed with is he is still the same nice, friendly guy at the table as he was when he first got here. He has appeared to remain the same type of personality whereas so many people change for the worst after success.

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great player, who works hard on his game , and handles the good streaks and the bad runs pretty much the same.

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I got a basic grasp of poker, he was a favourite to watch. Once I started to understand the more intricate sides to poker, he became even more interesting.

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negraneau is awesome! Not just his poker skills or style that I like. It's his demeanor too, he always seems very genuine and happy go lucky. He proves that you don't have to put on sun glasses and ignore everyone at the table. Just relax and have fun. It's just a ride so enjoy!

Excellent post I could not have said this any better......scorp:proud:

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is a one of the greatest thats for sure! How he plays is just ridiculously good but what I am more impressed with is how he can tell you what your holding! Ive seen many games with him in it where he will nail what the other person has in there hands and he does it pretty often! Very rarely is he wrong or completely off!!!

There was an interview with Phil Hellmuth to where he said a few years back Daniel would call out the hands others had but he would still play his hand anyway and lose. However he has came a long ways from that and now he trust his gut! One of my favorite pro's of all time!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is great player, but not favourite one
Do you remember Poker after dark episode
Hansen 55
Negreanu 66
and draw was 856 5 8
Hansen checked, Negreanu raised App 2/3
H: I am all in and answer was HUH!?!

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's the best, what can i talk about the best poker player ever? I love his reads.....incredible read.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is in my top three favorites. A lot of great plays, and his conversation at the table awesome..

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dish is very unpredictable, he could play without looking at the card :) can play unconventionally, reads the game well. In addition, today is one of the icons of poker. RESPECT

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like his open friendly style of play. I have seen him upset many players at the tables with his friendly but ruthless chatter. He is a great reader of hands and knows when he is ahead or worth pursuing a hand.
Like many others hae said, he is good at low ball poker.
On the flip side, have watched him many times on TV in high stakes cash games and seen him out flopped time after time even though he read the hands correctly.

LgBassMan

LgBassMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is great player, but not favourite one
Do you remember Poker after dark episode
Hansen 55
Negreanu 66
and draw was 856 5 8
Hansen checked, Negreanu raised app 2/3
H: I am all in and answer was HUH!?!

Funny- I was just thinking of that last night, that pot was over $575,000, absolutely crazy.

As a Canadian I do like Daniel, he's a bit of an odd guy but it just adds to his character, he's one of the greats.

Here's the source for anyone interested:

R

rzepa1881

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is my fav poker pro:D , i love his readings and bluffs: D

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is great for poker, l like his style its basically ABC poker at a higher level.

G

gianni

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is great player, one of the best on the world :) I like him because he is not playing just cards like AA AK AQ KK QQ atc..but he plays low cards as well so you dont know waht to expected from him thats why I like him a lot :)