Do you have periods of time when you are lazy to play poker!

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I have and that is the period to stop, playing like this is certainly loses.

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been playing long but I find it's good to have the odd day off here and there. I do this with all my hobbies. Due to my character I tend to go 'all-in' so to speak with my hobbies/interests, so it can get quite intense. I understand there are people who play 7-8 hours a day, every day, but for me this game is a hobby first and foremost. I would say moderation is key. If you are used to playing for an hour or 2 each day and then go on a streak of playing 6 hour days it will be quite usual to feel like you've lost interest and want nothing to do with it for a short while. I've taken up hobbies in the past where I felt like I had to force myself to do them and realised this, and consequently dropped them. Not with poker. :jd4:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! Do you have periods of time when you are lazy to play poker!

Hi.
I always lack free time to play poker, so I don't actually have such periods. In addition, I meditate every morning and meditation allows me to always maintain vigor and activity throughout the day. :)

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lazy poker

I wouldn't say lazy, sometimes I'll take a break for a couple days to rest up so I can focus on my game.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! Do you have periods of time when you are lazy to play poker!
For sure. I believe everyone has it. In my case, it's because of other commitments that take my energy and concern. What would yours be?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would say less motivated for me. Started a long time ago with a certain criteria about even registering. Played in a league for several months at a time, that was played on both weekend days. After a few years of playing 3 to 4 months every weekend with a month off, it really changed way I approached playing.

Big difference from wanting to play and having to play. Any more, if I'm not well rested, not focused or in a fowl mood, rather do something else. Nothing worse than running good and getting into the later stages and running low on motivation.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yea Its called burnout, too much poker and I dont play as good

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather the opposite is true for me.
I am often lazy to do other things but since poker brings me real fun and I see it as a hobby, I would also like to play poker more often if everyday life would allow it.

The only exception is fatigue.If the day was long and I'm exhausted, I don't start big tournaments anymore because I'm striving to get to the final table and that probably wouldn't be so easy in this case :eek:

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
Poker is a hobby for me, so in most cases the opposite is true. I am distracted by tournaments from everyday and surrounding problems. :eek:
But it happens that I decide to spend the evening in the company of a good movie and some alcoholic beverage. At first, I think I'll sit down and then play my tournament. But when the time is approaching the tournament, I no longer want to play and strain myself. In this case, I either go all in, or I don't register at all. :angel:
Perhaps this can be called laziness.:D
It happens to me exactly the same!:)
Sincerely yours,mssmotilda!:)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

the problem is to have time to get lazy
specially when you play every day after work

rgds

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes. When I have a lot of work to do, I'm too lazy to play poker. The brain is switched to other things and refuses to play poker. This can last a couple of days, after which I play again with great desire.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play poker almost all day. I would love to have a good bank and dedicate myself professionally to poker. But I am working on it raising enough money to start my professional career.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course I have such periods. But in my case it's not laziness, but simply a lack of mood for the game. If I'm not in a good mood, I never start playing.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeap. Poker is such an energy consuming hobby that sometimes it feels like working when ur grinding.

After a couple of days not playing, I tend to play way better

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, and I believe it's something normal that a vast majority of players have gone through at some point.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I used to play poker every day, I would get tired and take a break after a week of playing, now I only play on weekends and I don't get tired of poker.:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since i don't play at 888/Party/SB/GGPoker anymore,,,i have more time to spend with my family,which is good. pokerstars fills all my needs,,,, :deal: This Ontario thingy is the best thing to happen to my family/life in awhile,,, :playingba

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is just a hobby for me so when I get lazy all I want to do in the day is play a couple of poker tourneys and watch some TV

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot lately. I think I'm getting burned out.

A

aircable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need strong motivation to keep going when nothing is going your way, it's all part of the game.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No no I'm not lazy to play poker I always play poker because I like it, it's a game that I'm passionate about and I can play it every day:D

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It happens that for 3 or four days i step out of poker
but serously i'm tired of playing freerolls that have small price money

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, I have moments when I don't play anymore, especially after a hard week at work ...

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can say that I'm not as lazy as I'm saturated sometimes at the tables.

Although I love playing poker, I admit that I have periods when I am simply mentally exhausted. This is due to the fact I often lose hands and tournaments even though I respect many technical and strategic aspects of the game. This squeeze my energy, diminishes my excitement for the game that I have at the beginning.

However after a break i get the excitement to play again, but it doesn't take long and I catch the negative states again.

These feelings happen to me constantly and repeatably, as in a continuous circle. And unfortunately I'm not talking about a benefical circle, but a vicious one.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.