Do you have periods of time when you are lazy to play poker!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
Poker is a hobby for me, so in most cases the opposite is true. I am distracted by tournaments from everyday and surrounding problems. :eek:
But it happens that I decide to spend the evening in the company of a good movie and some alcoholic beverage. At first, I think I'll sit down and then play my tournament. But when the time is approaching the tournament, I no longer want to play and strain myself. In this case, I either go all in, or I don't register at all. :angel:
Perhaps this can be called laziness.:D

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, sometimes I get sick of playing, which makes me too lazy to enter the game and stay for hours, I end up not even playing. Because my best way to play is when I'm excited, that is, I really want to play.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are cases of apathy towards the game, but because I need money, I force myself to play. This is like my second job.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, of course, there are weeks when I don't feel like playing or I start doing something else, like playing soccer or tennis, etc, etc. So I give up poker

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! Do you have periods of time when you are lazy to play poker!

Right now I have such a period. But it's not just about poker. Now I'm lazy about everything, I just want to do nothing. Usually such periods last 2-3 days, and then I start working and playing poker with new strength.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, it is a mistake to play poker when you cannot really be bothered. For me, poker is a hobby, so i think with that comes the laziness. Not relying on poker for money, probably takes the edge of caring and putting the effort in.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't know if you can say that it's laziness but I think every now and then, especially when you're in a streak of bad luck, taking a short break could do you good. Of course there is no guarantee that things will get better once you start playing again, but a streak of bad luck usually doesn't last that long. Although I have experienced myself that it lasted for several months. But it was a good lesson for me and I don't let things like that affect my game anymore.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe not laziness, but life changes have affected my amount of poker time for sure.... I played almost daily many years ago, then literally never played a game for over 10 years until recently (last 1-2 years). Now I am once again a daily player. It is almost like a drug for me. I have the need to play, then maybe I get sick of the "drug" and life changes and I stop playing???

GREAT questions!!

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not lazy but preoccupied with something else and I know I shouldn't play.
But I do play because I am trying to get away from what's bothering me and trying to relax
by playing poker.

Sometimes it works, other times, I just play bad poker.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When i don't have time'mood for poker it's not because lazyness, but because physical tiredness or psychical apathy to the game.
Or i have something much more fun to do... :)

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do, mostly when I have to do a lot of office work and don't want to spend my free time in front of another screen.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes I just get sick of it and abandon the game for a while until I miss it again. When I actually want to play but am too lazy, I don't go for a long tournament, I just enter a quick game of Spin & Go which can last 5-10 minutes.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I wouldn't say laziness, but when I get a few days of downswing, I don't even get close to the pc, I wait for the dust to settle then I play again.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am not lazy to play, but sometimes just too tired to play. And if this happens, I just stick to the freerolls. At the moment it is such time, because I have full-time job and now also the gardening season kicked in. But I still love to play in the League here at my day, but I play really less buy-in games atm. When we had some group challenges here, I really played more and more regularly. But now is nothing like this, that keeps me so much at the tables, But it is okay, it will come again latest in fall. :)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
think we've all been there. just going through the motions, not really trying nor caring how we play.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always want to play poker, at least a couple of stones
i have another problem no bankroll for the game

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes the periods of lazy when downswings happen.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think every player has such periods. But for me it is not a problem. If I'm tired of poker and I'm not interested in playing, I just take a break for a few days.
Good luck.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
so far I don't have such a problem :))), maybe the other way :)around, I don't really take a break from poker and I should take:)

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes that happens to me a lot and the best thing you can do is to stop playing for a while untill you feel good to play!

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes definitely, about every 2 months or so. You have to take a break from poker time from time, as in every other activity in life.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have these moments. But when I feel too lazy to play and I only play because I want win some money, I try to only play freerolls or micro buy in tournaments because I know I won't be focused as I should be.