Do you have any poker superstitions?

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
selected through the satellite you won’t get to the prizes!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like winning the first hand or always playing a certain hand..?

I have no superstitions. But it is very important for me that no one distract me while playing.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Think that Superstition is the lack of confidence in one's own abilities and the glorification of meaningless nonsense.
Your luck is not contingent on things like whether you first touched the floor with your left foot when you woke up, or whether a black cat ran across the road in front of you. You cannot influence luck by any rituals, luck comes by accident.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

Yes, I do not like to pay all in with players who have more chips than I, I almost always go all in with AA because it bothers me to lose chips with players who pay flop with any card, if I am about to enter the prize I do not play more for more I want AA, KK, QQ because I have lost many prizes for playing with those cards, those are some of the plays that I usually make

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Superstition is the lack of confidence in one's own abilities and the glorification of meaningless nonsense.
Your luck is not contingent on things like whether you first touched the floor with your left foot when you woke up, or whether a black cat ran across the road in front of you. You cannot influence luck by any rituals, luck comes by accident.

And do accidents come because you walked under a ladder? Or a black cat crossed your path? Or you stepped on a crack? Etc Etc. Just kidding. You are absolutely correct in your use of the term "glorification of meaningless nonsense."

I sometimes think of the superstitions that were part of my childhood, but they play no part in my life, especially in my poker game.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky charms

Yes I do. When I play live cash games. With real people in front of me. I have five Lucky charms. Cluster of amethyst crystal about the size of a 50-cent piece. A 45 caliber bullet. A little antique race car. A silver cross. And mikagami cross. And as always I have to wear my lucky skull necklace I made. If I do all those things then I'll win every time. Good luck everyone on the tables and as always have fun.

C

ChrystalClear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have to play 69 hearts lol usually have to bluff my way to the win but my first straight flush was with those lucky cards :)

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any great player has superstitions wether they know it or not. I can’t give away my secrets tho.

IM_FM

IM_FM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if some of these are sarcastic or real but it's cool to see many different types of "habits".

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if it's a superstition or a player tendencies read but whenever I 3bet the first hand in the tournament and the opponent shoves his whole stack I'm certain that they always have Aces or Kings.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before studying the game more intensely I had it, mainly on live, but then I stopped

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstition ,because I have some confidence in my game and if a good card doesn't come in, I'm bluffing hard.

F

fortescue1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When I started to play poker I had weird fixation to 5,4 hand 😀 but then I studied poker and this weird and hazardous superstition went away. It's not a good idea to be superstitious when playing with money :D

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt and superstition, only analysis of the game and a cold mind)))))

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, if im running deep deep i tend to not look at the board..

If there is low prizes or early is just looking the cards

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call it superstition but I believe in vibration and energy, and emotions are the two things. When I am super excited, super confident and in harmony with myself and the environment I get a lot more games like broadways and premium cards and my game hits a lot more on the flop. When I play discouraged, I don't get anything good and even if I go all-in with AA vs 22 I will still lose. It's weird but that's how it works for me.

P

pevfreitas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my superstition is to play with the classic table theme.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I always late reg for huge field mtts, does that count?