Do you have any interest in CardsChat having a Discord channel?

Should CardsChat have a Discord channel?

• Total voters
G

Glenndaboss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Discord is amazing

We want to gauge interest in whether our members want to see a CardsChat Discord channel. This does not mean necessarily that we will create one in the near future, but we wanted to get a feel for what members think. So please vote above! Thanks!

No and yes most poker sites don't have discord because it gives players the chance to cheat on the same table but it's easy to grow and contact everyone on discord

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted "no". I've used Discord from time to time and don't see how it would add to the Cardschat experience. If I'm looking for an "instant" answer to a question I can usually get it on Cardschat. It all depends on who is online and whether they are prepared to engage with me at that time.

As we are all over the world, work/sleep/play at different times, we can't all agree to be online at the same time. If the right person isn't online and prepared to engage when I want to, then it really doesn't matter what platform I'm using. Cardschat is always there when I want it.

Maybe I should add that I use Apple Messages on my phone and computer to keep in "instant" contact with close friends, family & colleagues. But I would not want to expand that circle much as I already have difficulty fitting it all in to my day.

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I voted 'No'.

I have no idea if Discord offers a translator but a chat with multiple languages would be a nightmare - that would be one of my issues so that could be a bit concerning at least at the moment.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discord would allow us to chat in real time and post messages of interest to other members.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I voted NO. Just not my interest, but don't let me influence the decision. Just know that I won't bother participating.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good idea! There you can quickly chat and there are many features for easy use! Not many, I think, will sit there, but I think it's worth a try!

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I say yes! I feel it could run parallel to CC forum.
How about when players are asking for a rail, or, players in a stake. You would be able to chat in real time.
How about in The CardsChat Team event in Las Vegas?
I am new to Discord, know nothing about it, and I'm OLD, but, let's get out of the
19 hundreds.
Where is the poll?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I say yes! I feel it could run parallel to CC forum.
How about when players are asking for a rail, or, players in a stake. You would be able to chat in real time.
How about in The CardsChat Team event in Las Vegas?
I am new to Discord, know nothing about it, and I'm OLD, but, let's get out of the
19 hundreds.
Where is the poll?
Poll is at the top of the thread. :)

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea, and it would be cool to have a thread where we can chat hands in real time during freerolls.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this would be of interest to many people, including me, a very good idea

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see the poll results were pretty mixed on this. I also couldn’t tell from the posts what Discord really was or how it might be used to benefit Cardschat members. But, the idea seemed intriguing.

So, I decided to jump in and create a server to try it out. I also created a thread called “How to Use Discord at Cardschat?”

Anyone interested in using Discord itself to further explore this question, feel free to jump in:

https://discord.gg/kX3pEskd

For Cardschat admins - this is only temporary and can be deleted at any time.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have had a couple of goes on Discord. Not really got it yet to be honest.

Having said that, in the same way that CC has a twitter account etc, then yes it probably would be a good idea. However, it would clearly create work for the mods I assume. Being on Discord would I assume be good advertising for CC, but I wouldn't want to be required to interact there etc, as the forum is great as it is. In the same way I can follow CC on twitter, but there is no need for me to do so in order to still enjoy the forum to the full.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be another way for us to communicate, I support the creation of a discord channel

mihaste

mihaste

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
be sure to join cardschat discord

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see the poll results were pretty mixed on this. I also couldn’t tell from the posts what Discord really was or how it might be used to benefit Cardschat members. But, the idea seemed intriguing.

So, I decided to jump in and create a server to try it out. I also created a thread called “How to Use Discord at Cardschat?”

Anyone interested in using Discord itself to further explore this question, feel free to jump in:

https://discord.gg/kX3pEskd

For Cardschat admins - this is only temporary and can be deleted at any time.

If you can go in Discord and search CardsChat - and find that channel then please delete it. If not it is fine. :)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I voted no, because I've never participated in any, and in my opinion, there's no need because everything I want I find here.(y)