Do you have any interest in CardsChat having a Discord channel?

Should CardsChat have a Discord channel?

• Total voters
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We want to gauge interest in whether our members want to see a CardsChat Discord channel. This does not mean necessarily that we will create one in the near future, but we wanted to get a feel for what members think. So please vote above! Thanks!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is this just a different name for a chat room & is it doable or even desirable for mods to insist on the same standards of conduct required on CC now?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

Yes , I agree, I have a Discord account for a while:shakehand

Attachments

• ECA59AF8-7FD2-4A0F-BAE5-40F4102BC51A.jpg
    ECA59AF8-7FD2-4A0F-BAE5-40F4102BC51A.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 111
VanAlves

VanAlves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the need because every day I interact through posts with friends in the community discord will take the focus of many from interacting here in the community my vision

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, in discord it is definitely necessary to develop the channel. Many will have the opportunity to visit the channel and discover new opportunities. It will be possible to communicate online with colleagues))

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure. Discord is pretty comfortable and flexible for communicating.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I don't see the point really when you have access to the same information here.

Except maybe if you decide to release the passwords only on Discord, then it could have a function.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this just a different name for a chat room & is it doable or even desirable for mods to insist on the same standards of conduct required on CC now?

It is a specific channel for chat and we are not saying we are going to do it. I think your poll response would be the 3rd option. :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I understand that Discord is likely the best platform to chat and communicate, but, I don't feel that need and already limit my interactions with social media overall.

I regularly download a number of podcasts and many are now pushing the idea of joining their Discord channel to create chat around the podcasts. I am sure many enjoy this but I as I am not enthralled by the comments section as they exist I can't see the point in discussing the issues on Discord. I don't believe opinions will be 'deeper'.

But that is just me and I recognize the fact. I like the written word and prefer to edit my thoughts in posts and emails etc. rather than casually chat. That said, obviously Discord is very popular. My only concern is it might (note might) dilute and distract from the forum itself. That said it could function independently....those that like Discord and chat enthused with others just ignoring it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that Discord is likely the best platform to chat and communicate, but, I don't feel that need and already limit my interactions with social media overall.

I regularly download a number of podcasts and many are now pushing the idea of joining their Discord channel to create chat around the podcasts. I am sure many enjoy this but I as I am not enthralled by the comments section as they exist I can't see the point in discussing the issues on Discord. I don't believe opinions will be 'deeper'.

But that is just me and I recognize the fact. I like the written word and prefer to edit my thoughts in posts and emails etc. rather than casually chat. That said, obviously Discord is very popular. My only concern is it might (note might) dilute and distract from the forum itself. That said it could function independently....those that like Discord and chat enthused with others just ignoring it.

That sounds like a no then - please add your vote to the poll. :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discord absolutely sucks.

It became impossible to access my account.

I have given up on discord and will not use it - at least until I don't have to authenticate myself in a loop for 15 or 20 minutes.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sure, why not it's a great way to communicate nowadays.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We want to gauge interest in whether our members want to see a CardsChat Discord channel. This does not mean necessarily that we will create one in the near future, but we wanted to get a feel for what members think. So please vote above! Thanks!

Dear Temmie, I am very happy to answer your question. I'll answer honestly, I think the site is quite enough for the purposes of poker and communication. Personally, I really like your site, too much is not good either.:jd4::):jd4:

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I have to go with DS3 on this one. I also do think that it would dilute this place. People are probably not going to spend time in both places so something's got to give.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that would be lovely, as a lot of poker communities have discord channels. If cardschat creates one too, I think it would be pretty beneficial!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In my opinion, it all depends on the purpose of creation. Do I need a Discord when enough platforms are already being used? If we talk about attracting an audience, then I don't see the point. Because there are no people who use only Discord. If we talk about the development, the transition to a new level of capabilities, the use of functions available on this platform, then yes - it will be interesting.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The platform is aimed at a younger audience and the audience here is very different. Now, the necessity to be all instantaneous generates anxiety. I've tried using it, however, i like more the format that we have here as a community, it is healthier.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
The platform is aimed at a younger audience and the audience here is very different. Now, the necessity to be all instantaneous generates anxiety. I've tried using it, however, i like more the format that we have here as a community, it is healthier.
I agree with you.
This is not a bad idea in general, but there is no certainty about the need to use this platform. Therefore, I personally find it difficult to vote:confused:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Discord servers are a must nowadays.

Must to stay away i hope ...

However on second note if i'd ever join someone's discord it would be MrBeast's ...

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it is a good idea, because discord is a good platform, reliable and independent.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have discord but i dont open it often....i say no but i dont care ....