dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The kind of day I'm having poker-wise is only revealed when I sit down and play.
It doesn't matter if I had a lucky day in my private life or at work, it's possible that the opposite will happen at the poker tables.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In poker, so-called "luck" is the mathematical chance you have of winning a hand.
As you see a flop, the mathematical possibilities may become stronger or weaker.
Example:
If you go all in preflop with 77 and villain calls with AA, preflop your mathematical chances of winning are two sevens that remain in the deck of 50 cards until that moment, and see the possibility of even one of those sevens appearing in a showdown.
But if in the same hand the flop is 568, your mathematical probabilities change, that is, from only needing 77 you now have the possibility of getting 4444 and 9999, that is, now there are 10 cards in a deck of 47 to get your best game.
If in the same hand you add that one of your sevens is hearts and the villain in his cards does not have a heart, and the flop is 5h6h8c and on the turn comes a Kh, your chances increase because the 77 4444 9999 that you had in the river, 8 heart cards are added towards the river.
That is, on the river you have 20 cards out of a total of 46 cards so you can achieve the winning game.

So in that hand, your chance of luck would be 43%.

Likewise, I believe that this possibility of luck should not be underestimated. Many times in the famous "badbeats" it is generally underestimated that, for example, a player has only 2 possibilities in 46 cards to establish his winning game, but that percentage, which would be approximated to 5%, would still be the same possibility as if you In a lottery game about 1000 numbers you buy 50 numbers to see if you can win the game.

Of course, this is where the concept of "luck or bad luck" is most applied.

That's why I think that in poker what is most prioritized is the game of mathematical probabilities on a particular hand.

Greetings:):):)