Do You Ever Get Bored of Poker?

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently went almost a week with no online poker. Was longest break in a while. I don't think I ever get bored of it although do find times where I play less. But at same time I always want to keep improving so want to keep playing. I may play less once safe to go back to live poker.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, its really because I don't play as much as I want to so being bored is definitely not an issue. When I retire and can play whenever I want,yea I will get bored then but not anytime in the near future. Good luck.

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel bored about the game, you could just take a break from playing. This will help you reconsider about the game and probably make your ill stronger when you return back on it.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constantly. But time passes and I want to play again. I guess I'm a masochist :) :) :)

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont easily get bored because i multitable 8-10 games .But if i start getting bored i would listen to something or stop for a while because i dont play poker only for fun,i want to make a side income from it

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Not for now.

Because of the pace of my life, because of the free time I have, I can play poker quietly and I love it.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Yes, I used to get tired of protracted MTT tournaments, but so that I was completely tired of poker - that never happened. I love him too much.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do and I play less or not at all then for a while.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. I started playing in 2006 and during this time I got tired for a few times and I didn't play for a while. At times when I had some problems or personal projects, poker became stressful. Before I played much more than today. Today just one day a week so you don't get tired.

M

malibuflo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never been bored and I don't think I'll ever get bored

Honestly, no

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading novels

When I get bored with playing poker, I like to read some novels. For me, novels help me escape. It also helps me to put myself into question and review all my mistakes and errors.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I don't regret any play. I get annoyed when I lose... of course. But I take a break and come back only when losses won't make a difference in my next decision.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not poker, but I have some mental problems that hinder playing poker..... there is no way to get tired of poker... unless some spirit comes and hinders you... poker is fascinating..

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly, no, i get frustrated some times, elated some times, but i love the game so no i never get bored of it

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly i ve never bored i love this game. GL

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not sure I ever get bored of poker but I do get fed up with playing when I'm on a bad run, just can't win a race and out of tourneys early for several days in a row. A few days of playing video games and the bug is back to get playing poker again.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened several times. After long weeks, when I was totally unlucky in the game, I didn't get into the prize zone for a long time, even in cheap tournaments. At such moments it seems that you are worth nothing as a player and it is very hard. You feel maximum sadness at this moments...

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker has never really bored me, there are only times when I play less and others when I play more, but never boring.

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how could you get bored of poker? !! I have exciting hands, that I have 4 flushes from the flop and an open bottom and I don't get anything on it, or eg that my opponent has nothing from the flop, I have a drill and his last 2 cards come out, I don't understand that you could get tired of poker after these: D :) (Y)

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often get bored, because mtt tournaments are sometimes so tiring when they last 5 or more hours. Now I have decided to play fast tournaments because I get bored of sitting for a few hours looking only at the screen. Even a few times out of boredom I dropped out of the finals tournament because I couldn't play anymore, I think tournaments that last up to four hours at most are a better option, everything over that is tiring. It’s also a good option to take a few days off from poker.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may happen that you need a break at certain times, but I don't get bored with poker, it's an exciting game.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I rarely get bored playing poker. Can always boot up another table, and if I'm not feeling it just quit.

Live is another story. Back when I played a lot in person some days would just drag. No action, no hands, slow players, and it felt like a waste to pick up and leave since it was an hour drive one-way.

To be honest, not sure how I ever passed so much time in live games before.

B

bonanza337

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never play live poker but i want to try very much,when i play online tomany houers sometimes i m boring

C

Candyman0007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea bored off waiting for freerolls then you need a password dame yea I do buddy really bored BUT REALLY bored lol