Do You Drink While You Play?

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to drink when I played. However, I sort of lost interest in beer. So, I am more alert now.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do but Coca-Cola or something like that ;)

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I sometimes play a freeroll in this state, though it's very rare. I do not lose anything when I play a freeroll, but I still have a chance to win, although it's small. And since alcohol is a big hindrance, and not just for poker.

M

MaxZorin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve played a bit tipsy, drunk, very drunk and almost passed out drunk many times over the years. Sometimes with success in all of the abovementioned mental states, depending on the game as well, but mostly when drunk I have lost money. So no, leave drunk poker to home games where everyone’s as drunk as you.

I’ve played high as well and that turned out to be hilarious and very unprofitable as I got way too creative with my hands :rolleyes:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally don't drink much at all. So, when I am playing I tend to not drink, I will once or twice a week at most drink a couple. No more than that, I have learned from my brother not to drink and play. More than a few times he would be way up, "celebrate" and get too drunk to play right and lose it all.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if a person can control himself and drink a little, he does not interfere but relaxes more - why not, if a person does not control himself, then it is contraindicated. I can drink a glass of wine and play peacefully without any problems.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so this is very variable. there are people who get along well and also do not get along. alcohol is SNG depressant. if you are an addict, do not even think about it.
I use other things while playing as calming and stimulating, but it is very variable as it depends on my emotional state.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am not used to drink but last week I was drinking in a live tournament and it helped me to keep cool, my bigger problem is my anxiety, I did feel very well and hit some ITM, it can't to be bad:D. But I have played focused instead I was drinking. Maybe it doesn't work for all players, but forme did.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
before the tournament I always have a bottle of cold beer. protects from thirst, but after that, I want to smoke.. :smokin:

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not usually drink while I play, because it can get in the way of making decisions, but I always drink a lot of game, both to celebrate the results and to forget the bads.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sip a beer or ****tail but not to get drunk just to enjoy

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Alchohol is the worst adviser.

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tou should avoid any kind of i toxicants .. they re bad for your health and also for your game decisions too .. if you drink alcohol .. you make stupid decisiopns and tou can lose all your money .. and smoking is bad too

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Alchohol is the worst advicer.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play drunk, but I love playing with drunk people. So there’s that.
+1
maybe this is why I win sometimes (drunk opponents):rock:

I just drink water, tea or coffee.

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't. Lol. Alcohol have different effects of people. I am one of this where alcohol have a bad effect on. So I won't recommend it

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that anything that influences your ability to concentrate and skill is detrimental to the game.
With the influence of alcohol you end up making decisions based on the emotion and not with your total ability of the mind.
Therefore I believe that alcohol and Poker do not match.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General

I like to drink watered down coffee with a shot of vodka in it. The case workers call it Coffee Royale.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually drink only water and in long sessions energy drinks, but when I have short sessions if I drink between 7-10 beers but no more than that because after 11 I start throwing money hahaha

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few months ago, I had a very unique experience, I start playing sit n go tournaments, like everyday, while drinking some beers and then taking some wiskey shots, I ended up losing everyting and I had only $50 bucks on my account, and because i was really drunk, i registered the $50 sit and go knockout, I ended up wining all the bounties and the prizepool to something like $300.

Drinking while playing make me very agressive, its like i want to win each hand, is this the same to you, or you can manage that situation?
i might have a drink or two but i dont get drunk. but what i do is look for the guy who is getting drunk and lay in the bushes on him. him or any easy mark.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sipping Uncle Jack along helps me.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Ohoooo ..... the last days I played with 4 beers on board and believe me I lost all the games I played! So I can say that I will never try this experience again!

Cherkeza

Cherkeza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to drink alchohol a lot but when i play poker never

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy a couple beers when Im playing live most times .Just love socializing and playing.