Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello everyone, I have some questions about alcohol in poker.

1) Have you drunk alcohol when you play poker either online or live?

2) What do you think of moderate alcohol consumption as a disinhibitor method to play more concentrated?

3) What is your method of concentration when you play poker?

- 1) Both online and Live
- 2) Not sure if alcohol helps in concentration, well at least not for me.
- 3) My concentration method is simply Multi tabling the right amount of tables for the specific time/day/mood. To many tables and it tends to lead to improper play, while not enough tables often can cause other distracting thoughts to occur.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes, but can tell you, that it makes you play more loose and do stuff - you usually dont. :)

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol is the companion of aggressive play. The more you drink, the greater the range of cards in the game. This is bad. Very, very. Inevitably leads to a loss. But there 's nothing to hide. Sometimes I drink myself :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, no alcohol at the poker table, I always end up losing all the money, losing a person's concentration and making rash decisions.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
almost always drink beer or wiskey during my game ... it helps me to relax & not to hesitate in difficult-decision situations.
But it's my choice ... )

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I drink beer, beer for poker goes well 😁 Alcohol relaxes, players usually play without fear, because there are pluses - this is relaxation and buzz. However, at one point, players lose their concentration and alertness.

klavik33

klavik33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
когда вы пьете алкоголь, вы теряете концентрацию, и это приводит к потере денег(((

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker

Good morning everyone.
I do not drink when I play poker, I take poker very seriously, I treat poker as if it were a job although I am not yet a professional player, but I will reach that level.
I am studying a lot and seeing reviews of players who nailed Mtts, 6Max and 9Max.

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink alcohol at any time. I don't believe alcohol makes you think straight in a game, whatever it is

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im against drinking alcohol during poker but thats just me, theres people that win good and they drink alot, guess its different for everyone but i did tried and i didnt liked the outcome, thanks!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online a couple of beers are ok, but i drink maybe 1 time in 10 tournament...Because we are in hard mode in this time....i love to drink CORONA beer,so let s hear about CORONA beer not virus....

Bassgeye

Bassgeye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello everyone, I have some questions about alcohol in poker.

1) Have you drunk alcohol when you play poker either online or live?

2) What do you think of moderate alcohol consumption as a disinhibitor method to play more concentrated?

3) What is your method of concentration when you play poker?

I clarify that I am not drinking alcohol when I play regularly, although I must admit that if I like to drink very occasionally when playing and moderately. :)

Greetings.

1-I never drink alcohol at the table. I wait until I am done playing when live to consume.
2-When at home I might sip a beer but alcohol changes inhibitions and makes for poor decisions.
3-I do not start a session if I am not 100% alert and ready to pay attention to what I'm doing. I make a game (live or online) of studying others at the table (which is why I HATE the Cyclones) and looking for weaknesses.

Pooh

Pooh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i drink and play poker sometimes it has gone well
but sometimes not
it's generally a bad idea if i have too many drinks
i just like drinking though...especially when I'm playing freerolls
can get at least 2 or 3 freerolls going on simultaneously these days
sometimes if i go deep there are 5 or 6 it's ridiculous
just play them and get drunk happy days :)

B

bon2great

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol while playing poker

No I do not drink while playing poker. That would not help me focus.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a friend who is generally a nit, when he drinks
alcohol
he actually loosens up to a profitable TAG style of play :p Sadly I cant do that :(

K

KAVA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to drink a couple of beers while playing. It turned to my advantage as I was more loose and encouraged me to play with less favored hands. On the other hand it makes more diffiult to stay in focus for a long period.