Do You Count Promotions as Part of Your Winnings?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All that is not earned by hard work-is considered a profit!If you won, then won,and the victory must be earned!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get cashbacks say from Partypoker, or free tournament credits from pokerstars etc do you count these as profits in your poker balance or not.

I do but have not worked out which I make the most on from bonuses.

You are getting these returns for your time invested into the site. So it could be counted for profits or credit for time playing, either way in the end the more money you get is what matters.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont, because i think its not what i won, its smt others gave me, theres no logic to consider it as a profit

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you get cashbacks say from Partypoker, or free tournament credits from pokerstars etc do you count these as profits in your poker balance or not.

I consider these winnings from promotions as a rakeback from poker site.

I dont think these can be consider as poker profits. You lie your ROI

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it goes into my bank account or my wallet, it's winnings.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No... it's bonus money, not part of poker winnings.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this refers to a freebie, then it will disappear like a freebie. Seriously, there will be a profit. we are pleased with everything that is dripping.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game counting

No, I do not consider them part of the winnings or statistical useful information for analyzing my game. I don’t think that everything that goes as bonuses, promotions, free tickets, freerolls, etc. is not part of a serious tournament or cash game. where we don’t donate our money or anything else. for example, by lowering one's place in some important standings, then we play a little differently, more easily and naturally. And it will almost always affect our overall gaming history. I take into account only the same, in terms of buy-ins, tournaments or cash games with a constant initial stack. and already on them I do analysis and analysis of my winnings and losses:wavey::wavey::wavey:

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes because with that promotion i can win money from

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the end it’s what goes in and what goes out.

$100 deposit and 125 withdrawal equals a profit of twenty five dollars. I can’t really know how it got there.

Tournament Rakebacks don’t produce for me so there ain’t much difference. But if you’re only even with bonuses keep working on some part of your “game”.

In quotes because it may be only partly your play. Most stories I see are “I won a bunch, moved higher, won, lost, won...lost it all. “

Is this a winning or losing player?

I don’t know. Discipline to settle into games you understand. And tip toeing into higher ranks as your bankroll allows. Respecting that bankroll with or without help from additional buyins or bonuses. These are signs you’re a good player.

Satellite buyins are a leak if you have no realistic chance in the larger tournament.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
money is the profit and I count only winnings which lands on my money balance

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, so far, that I have not received large bonuses, so much so that they can be considered a profit .. and so, why not?!

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I manage my bankroll roughly so yes, everything affecting my balance is noted in a section dependly what it is... for tickets, I just note the entry as a freeroll when playing it. After that, it's a winning if money comes from it!

-TRP-

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question seems to start off by asking one thing and then switching to another. Do I count promotions as part of my winnings? Then to Do I count promotions as part of my profit? These are not the same question, so I will answer both and answer them differently.

I do not count anything as winnings unless I won it. So, no, promotions are not winnings. However they do count as profit, so I do count them as part of Profit, a profit/loss schema. Winnings and profit need to be separated entities on the budget ledger. If you start throwing anything other than winnings into winnings, then that will inflate how well you think you play. For example the hero is losing 5% per week playing poker, but due to rakeback and bonuses, the hero is clearing 10% profit. It is easy for the hero to think he is profitable if this money is all reported together. This hero is not profitable, plays at a 5% loss, and so needs to assess things carefully. Don't confuse the two monies, keep them separate, but add them together for net gain/loss at the end. Definitely don't mix them and then try to evaluated profitability. It doesn't work.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the tikets turn into cash, yes

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Believe me my friend that all promotions are aimed at the benefit of the poker room and not the players

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me that doesn't count.
But offcourse it is a nice additional and it allows you to play in bigger games.
I look to it like that is a present you get like on your job for Newyear, but that doesn't increase your wage. :)
Only exception for me is when you get a ticket, then if you manage to turn those in money, yes that's counted. :)

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe me my friend that all promotions are aimed at the benefit of the poker room and not the players
Yeah you're right, once you receive a promotion reward, it means they already earned a lot more from you.
But hey, you don't hear me complaining. :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I don´t like bonuses but missions.,specially the party poker ones. 888 Poker brings excellent promotions as well..

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the answer is yes. Any way I profit in poker counts, but any way I lose (I.e. shot taking for a a birthday present or something) also counts. As long as one is consistent with what they report, it should be pretty accurate :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the answer is yes. Any way I profit in poker counts, but any way I lose (I.e. shot taking for a a birthday present or something) also counts. As long as one is consistent with what they report, it should be pretty accurate :)

I agree with Katie. We also pay rake, and many players could honestly say, they would be big winners, if there was no rake. So I think, you need to see rake-back, bonuses, freerolls and whatever else as part of your legitimate equity. As long as the balance in the poker account is growing, it does not really matter how.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Received tickets are of course a nice bonus, especially if it's major tournaments. But often they just remain the dream of a big prize.:stupido3: