A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No

But its on ESPN network every year and other random sport channels.

J

juan manuel gomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I think that poker is a sport, because you have to use a lot of mind and physical effort, it is why I am absolutely convinced that if there is a sport and more and more players.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have weak cards, then you fold them. All decisions depend on you

T

thxitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it`s a hobby, but many people treats poker a sport

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I think poker is a game of chance on a par with such as Tanks online and no and what the inclusion of Poker in the sport can not go. Although times change, it's more of an intellectual sport-games than sports!

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is almost comparable to chess. But that's why it is not equated to the sport, I do not understand. It is time to eliminate this niche.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport, and game. Olympics game would be stretch.

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesnt matter what anybodys opinion is of this topic. Fact is....Poker is NOT a sport! Not even close. Look up the definition if your confused. Its a game, sure. But to say its a sport is like saying dominos, monopoly and battleship are as well.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Poker is a sport, and game. Olympics game would be stretch.
I don't like to call it a sport but the players mindset (focus) and endurance ability would rival any sportsperson.

:top:

D

DDISPARO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you see it on ESPN... Obviusly is a Sport.

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, poker is not a sport. I know chess is classified as a sport, but with all due respect I do not consider chess as such. In my opinion, sport require some physical activity.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we could comper poker as sport because you require strategy and skills to be good at it.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a sport because it is a competition practice in which the practitioner is required to have intelligence, ability, intellectual and behavioral skills to succeed

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if, since you also need some mental ability, some resistance in the body to be able to play 8-10 hours a tournament, besides what it means to play it

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think yes and when you gamble in poker you lose too much money

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, despite being fairly discriminated by various portions of society, evolution has been showing the factors that lead poker to be considered a sport of mind as well as others ...
In brazil poker has been divulged in more depth and there are several courses, in all players are treated as high level athletes and society has been receiving well the new games that make fame in the sport.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's a game but nothing to do with a sport

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is poker?

Thank you for the post,It depends on how you think of that. Chest is one of the most disputed mind games in humanity, but on the other side the common competion is one vs one. On the other hand, on poker on vs one happens on the most dificult, and happiest, time of poker tournaments, The champion and the second. Its anther kind of mind and chances but is game as the same.:joyman:

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever imagined poker in the Olympics? let me know your opinion .... poker is a sport or a simple game of chance?

Poker has an element of skill, no doubt.

It also has a bit element of chance, more so than any other sport, and I think because of this large change element it is hard to consider it a sport.
As for me, poker is not a sport. I know chess is classified as a sport, but with all due respect I do not consider chess as such. In my opinion, sport require some physical activity.
Would you consider pool or snooker a sport? What about golf? It's kind of funny what is and isn't considered a sport.

This is pretty interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_sport

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKER IS IT SPORTS

I think poker is more of a sport than a gamble. Because if a person is very reckless, he will often play on his emotions. That is, he will manage his unpredictable and enthralling thoughts, emotions, feelings. And such a player is more doomed often drop out of the fight for prizes and find themselves outside the important tournament places. A real player always controls his emotions, he is patient and focused, concentrated and calm, calculating and mysterious. He can play creatively and bluff there, for example, where it can help. These and other important features of the competitors are more suitable for these athletes than for an ordinary person or a beginner.

I would only be very happy if poker, especially Texan or changing (1 circle-Texas, other circle-omaha, etc.) will be included in the Olympic sport. I’m just with both hands. And people will meet at the table, get to know and make friends. POKER-IT COMBINING BEGINNING, THIS IS PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP. IT IS SPORTS))):icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant