Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well... for many people it is a job... once you work full time and your income depends on poker... well of course it is a job

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players. I hope you had an amazing Christmas with your families and friends, have a great week everyone!
I believe poker is a job. It requires a lot of study at a professional level, it is a full-time job, it also requires effort, dedication like any study career.
It can also be said that poker is a job with a lot of stress, programming changes, and so on. You have to deal with a lot of things, the head is everything!
In fact, as you said, the hardest part is mental.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I play for recreation. But if I turn professional, I need to approach it like a job.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
For me personally, playing poker is a hobby, a hope to earn money in my free time. In order to make good money all the time, you need good money investments in order to be competitive by participating in big tournaments and having a chance to get to big prizes faster. With lower buys, getting to the prizes is always more difficult.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For pros it's a job.
for 98% its no more than some additional income .....at best :)
And what prevents this majority from becoming a professional poker player who complains here that poker is an expensive and very nervous activity?... This is a rhetorical question, by the way :cool:

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For myself, I decided that poker is a hobby. But in my circle of acquaintances there are people whose main income is poker

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I consider it a job and I dare say that it is more complicated than a common job because you do not have a fixed salary and you can even have months of loss

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course it's a job and for some it's a hell better one than most other jobs, which are boring and give no purpose in life. If I didn't consider it a job I wouldn't play it. Part-time, sure but I work harder at it because the potential is significant. Besides, I'm not a gambler and I have plenty of hobbies.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think poker is a money making game that is work.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is a job where you work for yourself, and it takes a lot of time to be competitive)

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't consider it a job, just as a good extra income

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is just a hobby. Although I receive a regular income from the game, I do not consider poker a job. First of all, for me, poker is entertainment.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, at the moment, it's my only source of income, so yes, I consider it a job.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker brings in more income than the main job? Then yes, poker is a job)))

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! By my opinion, what the difference: we are considering Poker, as Job or not?!. Main, I think, we are getting a pleasure
from Poker or not... If this is Yes, then all is OK! If it's not, then better to find a new favorite case, I think... Some thing like that!
And Everyone with New 2023 Year!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes it's work and it requires a lot of effort, learning and discipline.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when poker becomes a job is the day i quit playing. For me, its fun and keeps me entertained!

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi, it sure can be a full time job, a lot of people do it. To have it as a job u need to have a lot of background, a lot of knowledges like bankroll management good game strategy and a lot of experience. If u have all of these qualities I think u can make the poker as a job and try your luck.;)

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is professional? It can be said for any work that is proftable. Is an artist professional? If the art cant result in $$$, I dont believe it is a profession, but a hobby or a skill. Poker is like that, depends of your porpouse with it, and mainly, your results!

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
More like a very time consuming hobby

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, poker is more of a hobby and entertainment.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider poker a job, maybe for those who have millions of dollars in their account and can afford to play for large amounts, but for me poker is a pleasure, a hobby.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few people make money on poker, in general, most players play in the red.I think if a person does not succeed, then it is better to turn this business into a hobby and go to work for a normal job and receive a stable salary.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For some it is a second job because it brings them extra income, for the rest it is anything else

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"Job" is considered as a socially useful activity. In general, poker does not bring any benefit to society. Therefore, it is a pleasure that can bring the profit.