Do you chat?

I

ilostmysoul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in national tournaments with narrow fields. That's when I make the most "mistakes" regarding chat and stuff. I will chat when I have a bad beat, correct other people's plays, chat about sports, religion, national news, cars, etc. I will also show cards if they show theirs, show quads, etc. On international closed tournaments (like CC freeroll) I won't show cards but I will still try to engage in friendly chat, or sometimes spark up a debate.
On internation bigger tournaments I will block chat alltogether because it distracts me :p

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you chat while playing?

i don't usually, but if i've had 1.5 beer on an empty stomach, i might get a little friendly...

'cept, i think it affects how i play some players.... if i chat and get a friendly response from Joe1, then i play Joe differently...

what i mean is, that it seems that if i chat with a guy my tendency is to believe their bets more often and avoid any big bets against them.... is that weird?

anyways, do you chat and if so/not, why?

just wondering.... ?

I quite agree with you !!! I also think that the bluff is less when I'm talking to my vilão.But I only talk when I'm at home games, online just for fun , playing micro limits and only for pleasure , while I have a beer !!! But when the game is serious , I seek not talk , and talk , I try not to make it interfere with my game ! And it has worked pretty !!!;)

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only chat with people I have chatted with before or someone being a asshole I let them know and ask them to quit

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the game, I chat with players in forum games. Because I am playing with friends, in regular games I rarely chat. maybe a comment here or there , nice hand or something like that. most often I turn chat off in cash play. I think nothing good can come from me chatting it up with a table full of strangers trying to win my money.

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... correct other people's plays,

Why on EARTH would anyone want to "correct people's plays"??? I've never understood that. Don't we make more $$ when people play "wrong"? And, that's the quickest way to turn people off, whether you're right or wrong.

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will use it to my advantage, when the time presents itself. Otherwise great fun can be had at the C.C. games and home games of course.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always chat but most players do not know books or rugby so it is not worth my time.

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What rugby do you like? I was tight-head prop for Glasgow Accies, with trials for Scotland. Many moons ago

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont pay attention to the chat i will speak in chat and read chat very rarely but im not anti social at all so if i dont seem to respond my attention is probably out there in different direction.

N

ntbornkiller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i smoke marijuana all day so im always high when i play poker and it makes me mostly friendly . most of my chats include laugh and make fun of my or others win or loose :D

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually chat when playing DoN or SnGs,but seldom do it when in tourney cause its distracts too much for me.

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be entertaining to watch someone constantly complain about how (name a site) is the worst site for the way the cards flop/turn/river etc.

FF00h

FF00h

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to chat with player in some kind of lobby in pokerstars and other platforms.

For some reason no platform offers lobby for chat - just during the game which is not always practical :(

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i ended up chatting with a guy at a cash table last night... he was from UK and me from canada....

i sat down at the table and within a few hands i shoved KK and beat his AA with a straight on the river.... so, i said "sorry dude" and we ended up chatting the rest of the night.... took his money a few times.....

because we were freindly i didn't make crazy big raises.... i took his money gently

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to chat with player in some kind of lobby in Pokerstars and other platforms.

For some reason no platform offers lobby for chat - just during the game which is not always practical :(

That is where CardsChat comes in. You can chat with a very big field of really good players, so get chatting and learning 📲

F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the chat, too much distraction and never fails that some times there are cry babies that cry every time they lose big pot or have a bad beat, or if you beat, and these that criticize the way others play

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is there to help just use it carefuly. Yes I do use to chat a lot.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to chat all the time and would be disappointed if folks at the table clammed up. As my lack of focus became apparent I started to turn off chat and even hide players images so the cutie-pies (Leafy-13?) didn't get me to change my play.
Now the only time I chat much (a lot) is at CC events because I enjoy picking at my ole' buds. Actually that is probably the p:rolleyes: lace I shouldn't chat if I want to win since you guys are so tough, but it is too fun to give up :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I enjoy chatting while playing, I find I learn while watching some others chatting as well. Being female, I find flirting can sometimes help throwing your opponents off as well :)

Ive never thought a woman would be comfortable doing this. Sometimes women get more attentjon than thwy desire at the tables. This is very smart. Props!

You're not serious? Oreo, you need to go outside more often.

Marrzbarr619

Marrzbarr619

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes

it really depends if im playing on a site that wont get all screwed up if i decide to you know