Do you chat?

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find most people online are quite nasty to each other, so I don't get involved. Also, when you are typing your chat it usually comes to your turn and you can't get typing all you want to say.

CSYA14

CSYA14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see nothing wrong with it. Does make for some enjoyable conversations at times. Chat during play is (IMO), based on your mood at the time which varies,

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will chat sometimes if it is a friendly table but it never affects the way I play a certain players. Everybody wants to win so I would not expect any less from my opponents!

M

mcbogart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to as it makes me lose focus on the mtt at hand.

A

Arfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If i see someone i know i'll chat and i'll answer if someone talks to me
And i always respond if i get bad-mouthed its all part of the game

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost never. Its too hard to chat and concentrate on the dozen or so webpages I have open at the same time.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some good replies.....

i find that some times people will jinx themselves..... i was sharing a knock knock joke with a player the other night..... he had a pretty decent sized stack, above average.... when the jokes were done he typed "my game is impregnable" then 2 hands and 2 big pots later he busted....

don't tempt the poker gods by pissing them off with too much confidence.... poker gods are almost as vengeful as the hockey gods!

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone other people at the table are chatting it up then I will usually join he conversation. Unless I'm playing more than ome tourney. In that case I don't have much time to chat usually.

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its okay to have chat as long as im not busy playing poker.. but sometimes i have to focus in the play.. 😊

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to chat while playing all the time in a moderated poker chat room. It's now mostly defunct. On the other hand, I generally avoid the chat window on the site where I'm playing, with the exception of the occasional "good game."

Cheers!

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I communicate through the translator. It's hard for me to play and chat.Chat is distracting

D

DriftwoodKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't chat much. Because if I am in a hand, I watch the other players.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe should not be distracted from the game to chat,especially if you play a lot of tables.

I agree with this 99%. I actually deactivate my chat so I don't have to see what people say and I can't say anything to them. I did it mostly with the intention of efficiency^. I think chatting can be a useful tool any info you can pick up is always +EV, be it through convo or just listening. You can pick up on players tilting at the table or even just at life in general and take advantage.

My opinion on how you react to making a friend at the table is this. If making friends and chatting helps keep you on your A game when you might otherwise be bored and play less than optimal then it's 100% good. Otherwise, if you're really playing to win and make money you should chat with an objective. Finding out anything you can about everyone at the table is never a bad thing as long as you're not giving away too much info on yourself in the process.

Chatting with the intent to weed out better players and avoiding them and finding the rec players and getting in pots with them is ideal. If you can make friends with the guy to your left or right and they decide to take it easy on your blinds and not reraise you and generally play more straightforward this can be a huge advantage. If you can piss someone off in an acceptable manner and tilt him into making mistakes that's a win and so on. Just don't afford them the same luxuries and definitely mix it up against your table buddy. Depending on what you think he thinks of you, you may be able to get away with some things and claim you had a big hand, you had to reraise..

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to play strongly, and without any beer or something else. In 888Poker, I even block Chat and Image of all players, to have a play what I want

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes talking to me via chat, I get nervous and it's distracting.Especially if you do not understand

Leafy13

Leafy13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy chatting while playing, I find I learn while watching some others chatting as well. Being female, I find flirting can sometimes help throwing your opponents off as well :)

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy chatting while playing, I find I learn while watching some others chatting as well. Being female, I find flirting can sometimes help throwing your opponents off as well :)

Ive never thought a woman would be comfortable doing this. Sometimes women get more attentjon than thwy desire at the tables. This is very smart. Props!

Leafy13

Leafy13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive never thought a woman would be comfortable doing this. Sometimes women get more attentjon than thwy desire at the tables. This is very smart. Props!

G

Gtcsmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never chat and if it's an option I turn the chat off. Nothing good comes from chatting. There are no friends in poker. You are trying to take peoples hard earned money not very friendly.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely open chat,because it interferes with play and I do it in a few cases When the table happens funny bad beat :)

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never chat,i find this a distraction and if some players start to spam or write uncensored things or other bad stuff it can really affect some players or even me,i turned off chat bubbles,messages from the dealer etc.etc just pure white chat... :) If i go deep in a tournament and i reach final table that need deel to be discussed i will then turn it on... only then.