Do you Bluff?

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I bluff. It is part of the game, but online it is easier than live.

M

mrbassboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I bluff online. It all depends on the situation. If I'm against one person to the flop with let's say 3, 5,5 on the table and he checks, I would probably bet a little (especially with strong cards on my hand) to make him fold since he probably is afraid of me having a three of a kind.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More often Bluff is using for stealing the big blind. Far from the MTT start (if we're talking about tournaments) bluff can be more profit, especial, if you are the chipleader at the table.
I usual use 2-3 bluff barrel bets, due to postflop action.
However you should be carefully with this, because of third barrel frequently
make you bet all-in. So if you are not sure your opponent fold, just don't play such way. Just make donk bet at all against CALLING STATION

Bob McPherson

Bob McPherson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only is bluffing an integral part of the game . . .

to me, making a successful bluff is one of the most satisfying parts of the game. Of course you have to choose your battles wisely, but that's part of the fun. I used to get into stupid bluffing wars, which was one of my worst leaks, but now I have a little more poker sense and back away more quickly. I also find that it isn't necessary to make a big raise to bluff. If the opponent is trying to chase a draw (usually the case), then a small 'toe in the water' raise will scare him/her off.

In any case, all the best of luck at the tables (except when you're playing me:p).

Cheers . . .

B

Birdman33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is needed for sure. When you get deep in tourneys you will have to bluff with the blinds

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes I'm bluffing. and bluff often saves me:D but I need to know when to stop

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff is essential especially in a tournament.

In general I recomande bluffing when other players respect you enough not to follow you. we must choose the right time considering your posistion. I think it's easier to bluff online.

Flameofrecca

Flameofrecca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely do it, and i think it can be use as strategy. Just don't get caught :)

vezy4iy

vezy4iy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not always successfully bluff .It depends the situation.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a psycology game and it is not cheating. Many times I do it!!!

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very like option bluff 3 barells ))

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bluff but when I do, I end up punting of entire stacks

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do bluff sometimes my game is kind of taggish so later on in an mtt i might try at buffing a few times in the right spots-also when i do bluff i try and do it with a supporting hand,maybe a hand thats connected or suited-i think total air bluffing can lead to disaster-another think thats important when bluffing is to sell the bluff,ive seen ppl get cuaght bluffing becuase there min raising there bluff,its comical to watch -so when your selling your bluff bet like you have the nuts-if other players pick up on your betting habbits when bluffing your in trouble

B

Birdman33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes u will have to do some bluffing sooner or later

Xela7778

Xela7778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I did some times, and tell me please how can you win, if you newer bluff, only lucky..., that hepends not very often

B

Blazed101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my chip stack and the situation but yes all time :).

You shouldn't though I'll call you I know :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob McPherson

Bob McPherson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to pick your bluffs carefully . . .

as someone else said, it's usually a mistake to bluff when playing freerolls or micro stakes tourneys. Players in those games will call anything (and I mean ANYTHING). One piece of advice I always remember when attempting a bluff came from Kid Poker. He said that you have to tell a story when you bluff. You have to begin the bluff at the beginning of the hand, and continue to bluff accordingly until the last bet. You can't just try to cold bluff on the river.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff in some cases and situations. That means,yes im bluffing sometimes.
Who does not even bluff? Its pretty normal to bluff, but to some players happens rare than the others. Its about a strategy and knowledge about the opponents. Also its good to know how to bluff after you got the time to do it.
Its alot of articles in the net, that describe's to the beginners when and how and probably anything that we have to learn.

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is done by fish. No real poker player bluffs!!!

You tell a story and value bet. Against good players you have to make sense.

You might 3 barrel telling that story, or you might float but you have to still be telling that story.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Natural!The emotions are difficult to control ... there we line nsa Hide Best . Play More hands and Also a factor Important ... more points que make life easier ...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is impossible to play without ever bluffing.

In my case (I only play freerolls) in the early stages of the tournament which is full of maniacs and there is no fold button, I just play for value without bluffing.

In the following stages of the tournament where players tend to play more seriously and better, then yes I start using bluffs, 3bet light...

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff only if you know the cards of the opponent

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely do bluff small pots to steal blinds or semi bluff for info and to get a feel for the table.