Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To repeat, What matters is does luck believe in you.
icon14.gif

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sure .good play without luck is nothing

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. Luck has a big factor in determining whether you win or lose the tournament.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I have to tell you is that in poker as in life there are things that are out of our hands, and this is called luck, luck exists, but we should never base our game on luck, one has to study and work hard on our game through solid strategies and that way the positive results will come, poker is a game of skill, that's why every year new players come out with big winnings that they get steadily, the results are always long term, we must always keep in mind that, and that our strategy will help us to break the online poker game tables, good luck to all.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in luck that comes through hard work on yourself.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is about putting yourself in situations where the probability favors you. The more often you do that, the more likely you win.

But... that's where luck comes in.

Especially in tournaments, no one wins without SOME good luck.

Some players may claim that skill is all that matters, but clearly that is not true. If you get AA when the other guy has KK, that IS luck. WHEN you get AA matters too. If you get AA when the stack to blinds size is low on the final table, that is great.

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look at faith in luck not at the level of playing poker, but on a larger scale, then undoubtedly yes!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing in luck is to be able to play. It just doesn't happen. I believe in luck but always rely on my experience.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
need a part of luck and a bigger part of knowledge

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that if you don't believe in luck in poker, then you shouldn't play.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to making decisions - no.

When it comes to happenstance - yes.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you don't really believe in luck, you play better, because you rely only on yourself.:)

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn Skippy, I am by far the luckiest person I have ever met.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker people witnessed extraordinary amount of luck factor in thegame. Do you know what it feels like when you see your full house get crushed by one out quads? There's even quads vs bigger quads or straight flushes too. This is rare but when you dive into pots with huge favourite hand then lose back to back. Those happens a lot. Now what you call it? Yeah some people do believe in fate too. In general I believe so, but not for poker. There's certain luck factor which is a lot bigger than most people think it is.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I believe in a deterministic universe. It's a fact that I, and every other player on this planet as well, always tries their very best to win at this game, but sometimes 'luck' doesn't seem to cooperate ...

But luck is just a word. What really happens is that we weren't meant to win this particular pot, or this or that tournament. When we encounter a bad beat we only meet what the universe had in store for us since the moment we were born. For instance, if I had been dealt this same hand five minutes earlier or later I would've won, but we just cannot escape our destined fate.

If you visit a hardware store and find out they don't sell lemonade, do you cry and weep about that? No, that'd be utterly silly because you aren't meant to ever find lemonade there, regardless of how lucky you think you are. And just as silly is it to lament and being sad about how your decisions, smart and deliberate as they were, didn't yield the desired outcome.

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C

Cigan8521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is very unpredictable. At any moment he can turn his face or turn away for a long time)))

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that luck is a chance that exists to confirm that a person who is at the right time and place receives an unexpected gift for his life. How to bring this to the game? Playing...

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

for me to be hard to believe in luck i see poker sometimes as a game of chance

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No - I just had 22 (yes 22 - hard to find hands with many outs on the turn) outs on the turn and missed

I believe in bad luck - good luck doesnt exist though - its usually a combination of playing well and bad opponents - but getting lucky when it REALLY matters? Doesnt happen online - Im probably in the millions of hands online over 10 years and can count on 1 hand the spots i got "lucky". -

Ive been final 14 in the sunday storm about 6-7 years ago and got it in with KK vs 1010 - LOST (flopped trips)

Sunday million (top30 in chips) about 6 hours in - flopped trips with jack and dry board - all in on the flop - runner runner to 78 (single pair)

Scoop event - $55 buy in - flopped a straight in multiway pot with no flush draw - get it in and runner runner flush (obviously) (roughly 130 plyers left with chiplead pot)

basically - when it really counts - from my experience which is subject to my existence - when the chips are down - you better look for spots that arent 60/40 or even 70/30 - your better getting the money in dry pots and slowly stealing twice every rotation to a final table than trying to play poker online if you play MTTs

Im up over 1000% in live cash games in those years and honestly recommend live over online because I always spot the pattern that after you win an event online - you get bottlenecked with "variance" - Over the years i repeatedly spot that after a good win im going to run dry in the next 10-15 buy ins about 80% of the time (which is bullshit IMO) since every event should be seperate instead of a large sequence of hands algorithmically decided by the site of your choice ;)

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is about putting yourself in situations where the probability favors you. The more often you do that, the more likely you win.

But... that's where luck comes in.

Especially in tournaments, no one wins without SOME good luck.

Some players may claim that skill is all that matters, but clearly that is not true. If you get AA when the other guy has KK, that IS luck. WHEN you get AA matters too. If you get AA when the stack to blinds size is low on the final table, that is great.

Haha. Made me chuckle. Its true and yet its completely false. Its really about evaluating the cost-to-win ratio with your chips.

Getting it in with 78 on a 4way all in pot on K510(no flush) is actually profitable as a short stack just to be a pain in the ass))