Do any of you guys play for a living?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No but I'm friends with a few people who do. I'm going to tell you that BRM is the most difficult part of playing for a living.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started 10 months ago investigating if I could earn enough to live from Poker some day.
Today I have to say I would rather clean windscreens in the street instead of being dependent on Poker. Just imagine you have to set an alarm every day to play 20 tables for several hours and maybe one bad day costs you 10 days of hard work and STRESS to recover your losses on a badbeat. As you are playing against 8 other players, the ratio from badbeat to lucky streak is 8:1, the other players didn't show up to throw their money away, they want to win as well. So at the end you are only shuffling around the money from one account to another in circles, one month you have it, another month the other one has it. But at the end of the year, pokerstars has a (I'm not sure and don't want to look it up) 6.7 BILLION revenue.
So better buy their stocks and encourage EVERYBUDDY to play poker online, because everybody can be a winning player!!!(for a while)
Poker stays entertainment for me, and even if I hit big one day, I would find better ground to invest my money ;) :idea:

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one day who knows, but not just play for leisure.:D

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just play as a hooby.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. But I've been doing it for only 3 months, maybe there is a HUGE downstreak just waiting for me lol, hope for the best. Just wonder how it will proceed further. And I don't play high stakes, only freerolls (I play them really a lot) and lowest stakes, not more than NL10. I try to make it $100 a week or about $400 a month. Not a big deal, though, but that's an average salary in my town at any 'standart' work, and I'd rather earn it by just sitting home in my armchair. At least I have this and can pay bills. Choice of real work in my town sucks.
Wondering why there're that much people in this thread texting they can't even imagine playing poker for a living. I don't think it's unreal if you want.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to invest for that, i only play for fun.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I've only managed to lose, but in the future I will become the champion in this form and earn my first million

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No just for fun living from poker means a stable income every month...

cash123

cash123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to think that it's very difficult to live in poker, even knowing how to play, knowing everything about poker, we suffer a lot of variance and that's very unfair and we're not profitable in poker. It's like it did not depend on us!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Frankly, poker is my favorite hobby. I play more for pleasure than for money.
But nonetheless, it is always nice to get some money playing poker.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I work but sometimes play poker is good to make more money

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I depended on poker to live I would be dead. I m not a good player. Good luck in tables !!!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, poker is like a hobby in my spare time, but sometimes poker brings me additional profit, which is good for me, I would also be able to win 1000-2000 thousand dollars and more somewhere in good tournaments or in a cash game, I probably would He quit his job and tried to make money with a poker game to pay for everything I need for my family, but I’m not able to play and I have to play online in my free time!

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker to build a bankroll. When some amount is collected up to a certain amount, I withdraw it and this serves as a good addition to my salary. You need to play all the time very high quality and at high limits to earn large sums from poker. I am on my way for it.